1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rick's Restoration?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by 75VWnut, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed to Vegas with my family this summer and my mom is a big fan of the show (so am I), and she'd like to go see it while we are in town.

Do they offer tours of the place?

2. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the shop, one of the staff lead a brief tour and you get to see all the inner workings of what they do. Rick & son came out briefly to chat and take pictures. Saw pretty much everyone from the show.

4. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jman, was that tour at the old shop or the new one?

5. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    new shop off of Charleston Blvd & Commerce St.; this was back in Dec 2011

(before they were "less" popular I suppose?)

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went 2 weeks ago, and it was alright. I seen Cowboy, Kyle, and Tyler but no Rick or unfortunately Kelly :cry:

They are very picky about no pictures once you walk through the shop doors, the tour guide actually scolded a lady he thought was trying to take some pics, but she wasn't.

Another place that is close, that I thought was also worth going through was Counts Kustoms. They tell you to go on in and look at Counts cars, and they also tell you to take all the pictures you want, no tour guides, you are on your own. I didn't see Count, but did see Scott, his shop manager that is on the show.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pictures of restorations being worked? of ppl working? or both?

weird... I guess things have changed over there, i'll post some of the pics I took with my point & shoot

8. gregsmith

gregsmith Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping to see counts and rick's and pawn shop also when I come out in April. Does anyone have the exact addresses of all the places?

9. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't have to do the "Pawn Stars Tour" to see all of these places. Each is open to the public, and free to tour. I wrote up my visits to all three on my blog (including pictures and adresses). If you start at any one you will find links at the bottom to the other two. Here's the link for Rick's Restorations: http://LasVegasOffStrip.com/ricks-restorations-reality-tv-take-two/

10. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They take you in the back and tell you "no pics past this door" if I remember right there was a sign, as well. They walk you through and back out, and tell you that you are free to go outside- "and take as many pics as you like" I have gone through the Pawn Stars shop now at least 5 times, Ricks and Counts both once. My only knock on any is the line at the pawn shop. I was there two weeks ago today, on a wed morning there was a line about 20 ppl deep when I got there. All 3 are somewhat close to one another, and it is a great way to blow about 4-5 hours hitting all 3 shops.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.