1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rewards Question about using 4 rewards

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Mark Davis, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used 3 different rewards to get our 4 nights covered. If I understand it right I need to buy $5 in chips to get a 4th reward. Also, even though my trip is 60 days out I can only use those 3 or 4 rewards within a 30 day span, not when I purchase them but when I use them? In other words, even though I've already booked the rooms now, they are considered used when I go out there in July so if I want to get a restaurant reward to redeem when I get there I need to buy chips to get the 4th reward. Do I have this correct?

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty positive it's when you use them. Basically, it's 3 rewards per trip. Because if your trip was 90 days out then you could get 9 rewards and that would defeat the purpose of their 3 reward limit.

3. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The word "purchase" should be replaced with the word "use". You can purchase all the rewards you want but can only use x amount in a 30 day period.

4. bruceb

bruceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Removed after reading the FAQ sticky. See post #7.
    bruce

Last edited: May 18, 2013
    20th anniversay trip
  5. myvegas79

myvegas79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I was clear on this but now I'm confused with the last post. Am planning an August trip, so should I redeem and book my room now and then in August redeem for the shows/food?

6. bruceb

bruceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should redeem show and room rewards as soon as you purchase them.
    The rooms have limited avail. for my vegas. I have a trip planned for august and I booked the Mbay suite and the Luxor tower room(s) in March. I had purchased a Mirage room reward but there were no rooms avail for the dates we needed and I returned it and purchased the Luxor reward.

bruce

(Edited after reading the FAQ's definition of redeemed. See post #7)

Last edited: May 18, 2013
    20th anniversay trip
  7. bruceb

bruceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just read Scott's FAQ's and it appears that rooms count as redeemed when they are used, not at the time of booking.
    (I would still book the room as far in advance as possible due to limited availability.)

bruce

From the FAQ sticky:

I REDEEMED FOR A HOTEL STAY MORE THAN 90 DAYS FROM NOW, DOES THAT COUNT IN MY 3/30 LIMIT?
    Hotel stays are considered "redeemed" when they are used, not when they are booked. They will count as 1 redeemed reward when you check in.

20th anniversay trip
  8. g-didi

g-didi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is correct

9. g-didi

g-didi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope..... dont believe this is right.

10. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. Only question now is can I use a 4th for $5? If I buy $5 can I go ahead and buy the Bellagio buffet for instance. My wife already has one so figure we will be eating there anyway so the $5 is a good deal since I have the points. Not sure if it will let me "buy" more than 3 in 30 days though either.

11. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, any chip purchase will net you a 4th reward. More money spent will get you even more but it's a good sized jump (I believe it's $138 spent bumps you from 4 to 6)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.