1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reward(s) Review

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Motorcat, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been back from Vegas for less than a day - I will not go into detail as I just don't have it in me but I will give a quick rating or brief summary.

All food rewards between the wife and I ......... rooms were comped.

Bayside Buffet at Mandalay Bay ........ very good ...... Everything we had was fresh and good. Will look for this reward again.

50$ Food Credit at Monte Carlo ............. The Pub. Already one of my favorite spots in Vegas - did not disappoint. We went over the 50 limit by a few dollars and was told it came out a wash. Everything was great - food and service. Pub Pale Ale is the bomb and they are generous with other samples.

Buffet Brunch at Monte Carlo .......... Garbage. Even I can usually find something on a bad buffet to eat but it was a struggle here. Hands down the worse bacon I have ever seen. And this was during a key time of day. Not at the end when buffets are usually beat up. How anyone could put some of the food I saw on the serving line out for people to eat really had me questioning what was going on behind the scenes. We nibbled a bit and left. --- Stay Away

Lunch Buffet at the Bellagio. ........ it was OK. Disappointing all things considered since this was "The Bellagio". If I had to sum it up .......... it was more of a cafeteria quality. We will not repeat on this reward.

50$ Food Credit at Monte Carlo .........Diablo's Cantina. Pleasantly surprised here. Neither of us have heard much positive about Diablos but the food and service were fantastic on a busy Halloween early afternoon. The fajitas were the best I have ever had and the wife loved her steak taco's. Portions were very large also. We were here for awhile - drinks and desert. Well over the 50$ limit and was once again told it came out a wash. I would eat here again in a heart beat - a bit loud but you know that by just walking by.

MGM Dinner Buffet ............ Wish I had of been more hungry - I had been pounding the beers all day.. Everything was fantastic. Kung Pow Chicken A+, some of the best mac and cheese I have ever had, Buffet was a bit beat up but variety was top notch. If you can't find something good on the buffet your just hard to please. The wife was disappointed with the desert bar. I was so full I did not even venture to that side. We hope to be able to repeat this reward.

I would not call us big eaters ............. we were there for 7 days including the fly day in. We ate no where else - 1 of these rewards per day was more than plenty.

Hope this helps some of you deciding on what rewards to pull the trigger on. Please be generous to your servers when tipping - your meal may be free but their service is not and I am sure they express sentiments when someone walks in with a reward voucher and tips poorly or not at all.

---------- side note - we have been myvegas players since the beginning. We have redeemed many a reward over the last few years and redeeming this time was the easiest and fastest it has ever been.

:beer:

2. Amn1410

Amn1410 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Good to hear about the MB buffet and the diablos review. Always wanted to try that place, and may have to on the next trip

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to go with the food rewards also. For next week we have Breakfast/brunch at MGM, Monte Carlo and MB. I know MC isn't great we stayed there in April. We also may not be in the mood for breakfast buffet 3 days in a row so if I skip one it will probably be MC. Glad to hear that MB is decent, I haven't stepped foot in that hotel in over 5 years....I'm not normally a south side person. Our other 3 rewards are $50 freeplay for both me and the dh and the Nine Fine Irishmen rewards.

My 4th trip using myVegas rewards, nothing can beat the 2 nights in a Mirage Tower suite they had at the start. The dh and I both cashed that one...4 nights in a sweet suite for free. Bellagio lunch buffet was just okay for us, the sliders were the best part. We are probably the only people who didn't care for the Aria buffet, only thing I liked there was the made to order pasta station. Not complaining just "reviewing".... I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.:peace:

4. sheilawithvegasfever

sheilawithvegasfever Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed report, but did you gamble? These types of reports help others to find the better selections for meals. Thanks for taking the time. :)

5. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed this buffet also. Variety was good and the food was excellent. Totally agree about their mac and cheese, delicious. It was a little expensive if I remember right but with the MyVegas comp I wouldn't hesitate to eat their again.

6. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I have been playing Myvegas for a long time also. We will be taking our 8th trip to Vegas in 3 years and it will be our 6th trip using Myvegas rewards. We stayed at MGM using the free nights - in an upgraded King Room that they upgraded with an offer to a King mini suite. Very nice room -- Now they offer the small King in the West Wing. We just use rewards for food and shows. Over the last 3 years I got front row tickets x2 for free to O -- now they offer just a discount. Been to KA, Beatles Love and Zarkana for free.

On the buffets - Luxor was awful for breakfast and I am not a picky eater. I loved MGM for breakfast and dinner and would not hesitate to eat there again. I have the Bellagio dinner buffet for two for our trip in December. I have almost enough LPs for the Bellagio breakfast. Hopefully I have enough time to get the MGM breakfast reward for two -- this is about the only buffet that I see that can be used on a Saturday and Sunday. - I also have the Luxor $50 slot play. I still get 4 rewards a trip from a time 2 years ago when I purchased some chip packages.

My husband also gets 4 - for the same reason - He has the Luxor free slot play, Terry Fator 2 for 1, Bellagio breakfast for 2(both free), MB breakfast for 2 (we ate dinner on a myvegas comp in the past) Also, a very good buffet. The Bellagio dinner really put a dent in my Gold LPs so my husband also got a 4 day 2 for 1 Monorail (yes we use the monorail a lot), and the Sugar Factor free drink 2 for 1 (at my request)

I still have some Restaurant.com certificates that are about 3 years old for Stripburger , El Segundo, and Fresh Grill and Bar that I hope I get around to using this trip.

36th Wedding Anniversary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.