1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reviews -

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Backagain1, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read some reviews today, doctor reviews, airline (Frontier), Uber, hotel etc.
    I am heartbroken and nervous that everything is so negative. Certainly not good for someone who worries as much as I do.
    Do you all read reviews, write reviews? Thoughts on reviews?

I am just feeling sad today - seems like there is so much negative in the world. :(

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont be too upset. There are always whiners. You have to take the good reviews with the bad. Check out places like the Wynn. gorgeous place, top notch hotel, decent prices compared to every other major city. people will complain about it.

3. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the words of comfort.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with what you said about reviews. There are glowing reviews for places I know are not worthy of the words of praise, but also terrible reviews of places I think are great. Trolls abound on the internet. I saw a bad review for a place on Yelp, and from the sound of it, I'm not sure they have even been inside the place. I tend to toss out the best and worst of the reviews and try to look for trends in the more middle-of-the-road ones and make my judgments from there.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I do reviews, I try to remain as objective as possible - very difficult with restaurants when describing food as that's subjective - but it's easy to discuss room size & layout, ease of hotel check-ins etc. If something really bad (or really good) happens, I'll remark on it. And like Sonya, I try to take the "average" of a review. I look at the total number of stars and the total number of reviews. Something that's 4 or 5 stars on tripadvisor with 5 reviews vs 1200 reviews - well, I have a much better idea that one is actually pretty good. The other might be....

People are far more likely to write a bad review than a good review - that's just human nature. Which is one reason I always try to write reviews of my good experience - just to balance things out a little :)

6. buttnugget

buttnugget Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most poor doctor reviews I have found to be from when doctors said "NO" to some request (Narcs, time off, tests for obscure diseases "researched" on Google). As said above there are great places that get bad reviews ("The remoulade was a bit tart, one star").

7. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great feedback. Thank you

8. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read reviews and I do reviews. I can tell pretty quickly if a person doing a review is the type that complains about anything and everything or if the review is actually an honest one. I weigh the review against my personal thoughts and then decide. Sometimes I go against a bad review and it turns out well for me. I also write a review here and there. I try to be fair and detailed to give a reader as much information as I can.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People are a lot more apt to post a review if they've had a bad experience. It's human nature to want to vent.

I take all review, good and bad, with a grain of salt.

I post quite a few reviews and try to be honest, good or bad. Restaurants, shows, hotels, both local and when I travel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.