1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Review of Mandalay Bay's Foundation Room

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Isaac Wolkowicz, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaac Wolkowicz

Isaac Wolkowicz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay Foundation Room

My wife and I are looking for a nice place to get a martini and relax. The Foundation Room looked cool and since there is a myVegas reward for free entry for 2 (normall $30/person) I wanted to know more about it. Please provide your review and opinion about the Foundation Room at the Mandalay Baby! Thanks!

2. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a good space. I've been up there a few times on Saturday nights, and it's not insanely crowded. Sometimes quite low key. But the music is pretty good. It has a bit more mature atmosphere, and the view if almost without compare. An absolutely stunning balcony. Drinks are pricey. Never had the food. It's a pretty regular stop because we can skip the line and get in free as MLife Platinums.

3. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foundation Room is one of my favourite bars on the strip. The view is spectacular, and the balcony doesn't have glass panes to interfere with the view. The interior is dark but colourful, with tons of Hindu art. The owner of the Foundation Room collected many genuine artifacts from India and a lot of them are stunning. When you step out of the elevator you'll see the a gorgeous white marble statue of Lord Mahavir, the lord of love and compassion. I'd pay attention specifically to the doors to the restaurant and bar areas, as well as the incredible carving in the restaurant. I had heard it was carved from a single piece of wood and took three generations of family artists to complete. Many of the pieces are hundreds of years old and its worth your time just to browse around and look at them all.

The seating in the main bar area is plush and very comfortable. If you venture past the sofas down some narrow hallways you'll see two prayer rooms in the back of the bar which are very secluded and filled with erotic Hindu artwork. Sometimes they are reserved but if they're not they are a great place to relax together after enjoying the views.

Crowds will vary throughout the night as most people won't stay the whole night, its more of a stopover for the club goers. I've been there when its fairly empty or fairly crowded but it never seemed too busy. Music will be loud and occasionally people will dance, but usually its more of a lounge atmosphere.

One thing they aren't good at is charging drinks to your room if you're not staying at MB. I believe I didn't have an issue charging drinks while I was staying at MB but when I have stayed at other MGM properties they said they couldn't do it. Its possible they've corrected that by now, I'm not sure, but bring a credit card or something in case.

4. Mandiferous

Mandiferous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there Sunday night with one of my girlfriends. We both got in for free (I think ladies get in free from 10pm-12am). The next night there was a girl by the elevator bank handing out passes that were reduced admission for guys.

Yes, the view is spectacular. Yes, the drinks are pricey. It wasn't terribly crowded when we were there so we were able to find a seat on a short couch and enjoy the decor and music.

1006105_10152841867014472_5310859277129711171_n.jpg
    The view

10649683_10152841866899472_7744148049282509414_n.jpg
    The ceiling inside

5. Kari

Kari Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the atmosphere and spectacular view! Got awesome service
    and enjoyed chilling out there! It's got the feel of rich hippie which I love.
    Artifacts are amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.