1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Review of Lo La's from Diner, drive in and dives

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by tominiowa, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to their new location in summerlin not the one downtown that the show was at. I was excited to try it
    as I love seafood and the New Orlean's style it is cooked.

Sorry to say i was disappointed. The prices were too high for what it was. Oysters were $2 each. Beer was cheap though.

I had the seafood platter. I like variety. Fried oysters were small and mushy. I had much fresher and firmer oysters at the
    Orleans Buffet earlier that week. The shrimp were shrimp. The crab cakes were OK but to be honest I am not a big fan as
    most I get are too floury and these were that. the catfish was ample in size but it had such a strong odor and taste. That dirty water taste.
    They were not farm raised catfish I am sure. And doubt if harvested from very clean water. Tasted like catfish taken from one of
    our Iowa rivers in July. The fries were over cooked and blah. The fried hell crab as an appetizer was just so so and cost $9 for one

Now the good news was the Gumbo was GREAT!!! the cloeslaw was also very nice.

I wish I had got the Jublia. I may go back and just get that. Of course this is just my opinion that night, but thought I would share.

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like reading reviews of Oyster bars/Seafood Chowder Houses. Always wanted to try this place. Sorry it was a disappointment. Looks like it was a combination of high prices and sub-par food.

What is a Hell Crab? Sounds interesting and spicy! (expensive, lol!). Too bad the catfish came out bad. Maybe a bad batch or the cook is new.

Still might give this place a go next time out in Summerlin. We always head out that way on our trips.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  3. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, it was fried soft shell crab for an appetizer, way over priced for what it was and tasted like

I might give the downtown one a try , i really wanted to be happy and say I found a great joint. Like I said the gumbo was a 10

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I've only eaten at the one at Charleston and I-15 several times, as it's very close to a property I'm responsible for and have always enjoyed the food there. I'm not very price- conscious, just like good food and I generally have the catfish & grits and have had their pecan trout as well. I like their sweet potato fries and the bananas foster bread-pudding too! The downtown location is very bare-bones and always seems to be busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.