1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurants shut down

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by leo21, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From LVA News:

2. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man crazy some high end places getting shut down

3. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So that explains why Julian Serrano wasn't open at Aria last Friday. I went to Sage instead and had a great meal!

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Locally where I live, they make restaurants post their inspection results on a standardized sheet of paper in their window.

Would be funny to see that in Vegas in front of a fancy restaurant.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not in their front window, but ratings must be posted in Vegas is a conspicuous location. A is the highest, I've seen a B, but never a C rating. Maybe that's when they close them?

Christmas
  7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on the website, I think closed is a separate rating from C. But if you get a bad rating I think you can request a re-inspection.

DonD's link for example showed Carnevino getting a reinspection of their gelato and pasta prep area, and being upgraded to an A. No mention of what the prior rating was.

edit: Found this on the health district site. It also says places with a B or C get automatically reinspected. Closed is a different grade.

http://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/food-regulations/chapter8.php
    8-303.11 Grades

Except for those PERMIT categories that are on a Pass/Fail, or a non-DEMERIT PERMIT APPROVED/PERMIT not APPROVED, system every FOOD ESTABLISHMENT in the HEALTH AUTHORITY’s jurisdiction shall post the health PERMIT and grade card, stating the grade received at the time of the most recent inspection, in an area that is clearly conspicuous to the CONSUMER upon entering the FOOD ESTABLISHMENT.

(A) FOOD ESTABLISHMENT grades shall be determined as follows:

(1) “A” Grade; an establishment having a DEMERIT score of not more than 10.

(2) “B” Grade; an establishment having a DEMERIT score of more than 10 but not more than 20.

(3) “C” Grade; an establishment having a DEMERIT score of more than 20 but not more than 40.

(B) If the score of the establishment is more than 40 DEMERITs, the health PERMIT shall be suspended immediately. The establishment shall remain closed until the operator has corrected the violations, paid any applicable fees, and an inspection is conducted that results in a score of 10 or less DEMERITs with no identical CRITICAL or MAJOR VIOLATION remaining.

(C) If upon reinspection of a “B” Grade the establishment is unable to achieve a score of 10 or less DEMERITs, with no identical repeat CRITICAL or MAJOR VIOLATIONS remaining, the establishment will be placed on a “C” Grade. A subsequent reinspection will be conducted as specified in Paragraph 8-301.11 (B) of this Chapter.

(D) If upon reinspection of a “C” Grade the establishment is unable to achieve a DEMERIT score of 10 or less DEMERITs, with no identical repeat CRITICAL or MAJOR VIOLATION remaining, the establishment will be closed. The establishment shall remain closed until the operator has corrected the violations, paid applicable fees, and an inspection is conducted resulting in a score of 10 or less DEMERITs with no identical repeat CRITICAL or MAJOR VIOLATION remaining.

(E) Notwithstanding the grade criteria of Paragraph 8-303.11 (A) of this Chapter, whenever an identical consecutive CRITICAL or MAJOR VIOLATION is documented, the establishment shall be DOWNGRADEd to the next lower grade with a reinspection required and associated fee paid as specified in Paragraph 8-301.11 (B) of this Chapter.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either way, I'm not eating there if I see a C rating.:vomit:

Christmas
  9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not often you see Ellis Island mentioned with Aria, Venentian, Cosmo and Bellagio!!

Glad Nevada is looking our for us!!! Nothing worse than getting sick on your vacation!!

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They seem to have one of the most efficient restaurant inspections programs around and each week the results are printed in the LVRJ for all to see, or on-line.

Christmas
  11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was nearly killed by a sandwich at The Cal last week. I don't see them on any of those lists. Maybe I'm just "lucky" or something. :wink2:

12. Blackstars81

Blackstars81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow!!! some of these mistakes are very amateurish

13. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in south texas our local tv station has a segment weekly called keep it clean.
    and a reporter confronts the owners or manager's with their bad reports and their good one also and give the good ones a window sticker.:nono:keep it clean

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting this. Very interesting. I've wondered how it works.

I've often seen A placards. Don't remember seeing B or C. I'm sure they make those less conspicuous. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.