1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant Week suggestions - Fall 2012?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ah6tyfour, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have suggestions for the best menus this year?

I've never been all that impressed with Restaurant Week in Vegas as the restaurants don't really embrace the chance to show what they're all about. Or they provide items from their menu, but the menu is set in a way that there is no cost savings to eat there during restaurant week (and be limited to the couple of choices). In some cases, you're actually paying MORE by ordering the Restaurant Week 3-course rather than just ordering the same three courses a la carte from the normal menu.

Are there any restaurants this time that are serving great items at a great price?

Right now, Mesa Grill is actually looking pretty legit. Serving normal menu items and at a total savings of around $10.

2. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I've participated in several restaurant weeks and majority do offer savings. In past years Brand, DOCG, Alize, Prime, Jean Georges, Sage, Circo, Michael Mina, Andres and Yellowtail have fit the bill.

Those that weren't worth it (at least it benefited Three Square) were Addiction, Due Forni, Todd's Unique, Roy's, RM Seafood, Mesa Grill, Raos and Simon.

So far, this year, I'm disappointed by the lack of participation from MGM International property restaurants. If nothing new is added I'll be checking out Allegro, Fogo de Chao, Nove, and returning to Andres and DOCG.

3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, it seems a bit weird that the MGM places that have been on there for at least the past 3-4 restaurant weeks are absent this time around. I was looking forward to Michael Mina, Jean Georges, Sage, Circo, and Yellowtail. It's weird that some are participating and some are not. Fleur and Aureole are not on the list this time, but RM Seafood still is.

I think DOCG and Andres are the front-runners right now. Maybe Blue Ribbon Sushi too, but I have a fear that I will leave starving.

4. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it more than strange that MGM is not part of Restaurant Week. I think there is two restaurants. I wonder if they had some type of problem. I am going to make a point and not eat at any MGM restaurants this trip. I am mad. I am happy to see CET has more restaurants added than last spring. I wanted to try something I have not are at yet but nothing really caught my eye. We well be with my 80 year old Father in Law. He is not as adventurous as we are.

I am going to be eating at Martorano's because I like the meatballs. It is a saving from the regular price by a few bucks and they are serving some of the best dishes that they have. I like to go early to avoid the noise. I am also staying at Rio so that helps too.

Serendipity Hot Chocolate French Toast is a must for me. I love it. I am diamond and skip any lines but they do take reservation for breakfast.

We are also eating at Lawry's Prime rib, just because I like it.

I was thinking of eating at Verandah to get away from the crowds for awhile but I noticed they are charging you the $5 over the normal preset price for the same thing. Thank You MGM for the donation.

None of the restaurants are a huge savings but I hate being taken too.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.