1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant Ideas

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegas*baby, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas*baby

vegas*baby Guest

There are 6 of us girls from work going to Vegas in April for a long weekend. We're looking for ideas for a dinner on that Saturday night. Somewhere nice but not real expensive. Looking for on the strip.

We are planning on Margaritaville for lunch one day and Gilley's for lunch another day. We are going to see Love that Sunday night.

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is "not real expensive" - per person? And would that include alcohol?

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maggiano's in the Fashion Show Mall directly across from The Wynn is a very nice restaurant with great food at great prices and a perfect view of the Strip from the windows in the back room. It fits your request of being very nice, without being overly expensive. The portions are generous and you can also get dishes family style and share. I would recommend making a reservation and asking for a table in the back by the windows. Here is some info:

http://www.maggianos.com/EN/Las-Vegas_Las-Vegas_NV/Pages/LocationLanding.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Oh, and when you go to Gilley's I recommend getting a couple of orders of the hush puppies as an appetizer to share - they are amazing and come with two delicious dipping sauces!

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This.

Also, does that number include tax and tip?

Any type of cuisine in mind? Where are you staying?

5. VegasKing

VegasKing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast or Lunch at Mon Ami Gabi on the patio. On the strip and across from Bellagio fountains (fountains start at 12). Outstanding location, great food that won't break the bank.

6. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want a high end restaurant at a decent price, many in Vegas have prix fixe options or theater options. I've done Onda at Mirage and enjoyed it http://www.mirage.com/restaurants/prix-fixe-specials.aspx

Just check the fine print for time restrictions or any other restrictions that might affect meal....Your food options will be limited but I'm not a finicky eater so I can always find an option that appeals....

7. vegas*baby

vegas*baby Guest

I'm not looking for a place that $40-50 for an entree.

Has anyone eaten at the Hard Rock Cafe on the strip??

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're staying in the MGM like your banner says, there are some great options without getting in a cab. 'Not real expensive' removes some of the best of those options, though (there's nothing 'not too expensive' about Craft or Joel Robuchon.)

So in no particular order, some 'not real expensive' options that are good within walking distance:

Diego, in the MGM (Mexican, sort of high end)
    Gonzalez y Gonzalez in NYNY (Mexican, more of a fun atmosphere)
    Dragon Noodle in the Monte Carlo (Asian food...stupid name, good food)

None of these will cost you even $50 a person for the entire meal.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe the prix fixe at Payards at CP. For dinner, you can pick an appetizer, an entree and a dessert for $48. They sometimes have other dinner specials as well. The lunch prix fixe has more limited choices and it's running in the $25 range IIRC.

10. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would never go to Vegas and eat at a Hard Rock Cafe. Especially since you have another chain restaurant (with similar food styles, eg burgers/americana) on your agenda already.

11. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is for Olives, we have eaten there for lunch and supper and it was great.
    We ate on the patio once and it was fun with the fountains.

First Trip 2017
  12. dernsky

dernsky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how about casa di amore,if you make reservations ahead of time you get a free limo ride there and back

13. Super400

Super400 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami Steak Frites on the patio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.