1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant.com Coupon for Luxor Tacos & Tequila?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by eloisegirl, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an offer from Restaurant.com for a free ten dollar certificate so I chose Tacos & Tequila at Luxor, because it is next to our hotel and I love tequila. Now I am wondering if I should actually buy some other coupons from R.com for Border Grill or Aureole before we visit LV in a couple of weeks.

I will be using a certficate for the first time and I am trying to decide between just trying it once and then planning for the next LV (cuz there is always another LV trip); OR will I kick myself for not getting coupons?

When did you first try the coupons (it could be Groupon as well)? Do you end up buying MORE food bc of the discount? Would you recommend it to a friend? Any thoughts welcome!

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used one for Border Grill a few months ago, and it was good. I think we bought what we would have normally, coupon or not, it was just a little discounted. (that's my favorite spot, we would of gone there either way)

If it's places you want use it!! Also you can download the iPhone app and buy them on there if you decide to go :)

I just got a $50 one for MIX that I'm using this weekend.

Just keep in mind the limits. You have to spend $50 at Taco's and Tequila to use it...

3. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly recommend them use them all the time. Sometimes I get something I would not normally get like a dessert or app. But it's hard to beat the great discounts.

4. dalej42

dalej42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy Tacos y Tequilla. The restaurant.com certificate I used there a couple of years ago did not allow alcohol as part of the cert, so my friend and I ended up ordering a lot more food than we normally would.

Luxor will usually have a coupon for the restaurant in their coupon book, usually for buy one get one free drinks. They probably can't be combined.

5. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used these certificates for T & T a few times and really enjoyed the food. Have gone with a group of 3 or 4, so it was easy to hit the minimum. Remember that gratuity is automatically added to the bottom so you don't re-tip (unless you want to).

6. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is the chef is the guy who started Isla at TI which is now closed. As a huge tequila aficionado, I am looking forward to partying among the bottles, and definitely a nice Mexican food base in the belly is the way to go. Our other restaurant will be Border Grill so I might get a coupon for that as well. I love that you just get the coupon and print it - boom! Mangia Mangia! (Wrong language but you get the idea....)

7. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    T&T has a nice selection of tequilas. For a spicy cocktail try the Spicy Lover (Cuervo Platino, cucumber, cilantro, agave nectar and Tabasco). Yummmmy! The Spiced Apple (1800 Anejo, lime and apple juice and winter spices) is perfect for cold winter days.

Cheers!

8. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    T&T is a very underrated restaurant. I've been there a number of times and always enjoyed my meal. As mentioned, great tequila as well. All the restaurants mentioned are worthy of going to except I can't speak for Border grill. Read the fine print on the coupons. If alcohol is included in the price, it will not be hard to hit the limits. Also watch to see if the gratuity is added in. In my experience, sometimes it is / sometimes it isn't even at the same restaurant.

9. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love T & T!!!! I do not crave many things, but there are times where all I can think of are their cheese enchiladas. The salsa and chips are also excellent!! We always buy the restaurant.com certs because they don't expire so you never feel pressured to use them. I have the I-Phone app so I don't have to lug around all the certs in my purse. I would defiantly buy them when they are on sale because you can get great deals then!! You might spend more than usual, but you still get a great deal, especially if you get the certs discounted.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  10. STPFan

STPFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that the $75.00 gift certificate does not state that alcohol is excluded. Anyone know if you can use it on alcohol?

I don't think it would hard for a party of 8 to spend $150 in tacos and tequila.

11. BarryK

BarryK Tourist

The $75 and up can be used on alcohol. I confirmed this with the restaurant before my last trip and had no trouble using it.

12. STPFan

STPFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I am wondering if the $75 or $100 would be better for a group of 8. At least 4 of us really like tequila so I am leaning towards the later. It shouldn't be hard to go over $200 I would think.

13. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with your logic. Hubby and I love tequilas and have no trouble hitting $100 for just the two of us for dinner/drinks. Margaritas made with the top shelf and unusual tequilas cost more than the "house margaritas", so it isn't hard to run up the bill on alcohol.

Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.