1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Resort fees on Downtown Grand comped room?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by raisingoo, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raisingoo

raisingoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a mailer today for 3 comp nights (weekdays only) at the Downtown Grand. I'm wondering if I would be charged a nightly resort fee. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

2. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in late June, no resort fee on the comped room.

3. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A very timely post for me.

I decided to finally take them up on one of the numerous offers they have sent me. Making the reservation they said nothing about a fee.

But a day later I received an email from them (that the salutation was address to not my name by the way :rolleyes2:) with an attached confirmation letter. The letter, that does have my correct name, states;

"For your convenience, an $18 daily experienced fee (plus applicable tax) will be added to your room account
    and will include the following hotel services: complimentary internet for two devices, unlimited local and
    toll-free calls, access to the Fitness Center, 2 bottles of in-room water upon arrival, and complimentary
    coffee in the lobby.
    - At check-in your credit card will be authorized for the remaining amount of room and tax plus a $50.00
    deposit for incidental charges per night
    ."

I am going to call them and ask them if that is a mistake, or can they waive that, or something. I was unsure whether or not to stay with them anyway. I sure as heck will not pay to do so!

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have double booked there three times for relatives. Two of them were standard mailer offers and had no resort fee. One of them was the match offer. Bring in an offer from another downtown property and they would match the free nights. On that one, there was a resort fee of $18 per night.

Christmas
  5. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...got an offer yesterday for 2 comped nights Oct-Dec 29 and (double) booked it for my November trip...asked specifically about the daily resort fee...it has been waived. MK

6. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know the October mailer has came out finally..ill wait for mine in the coming days...

Palace Tower Suite!
  7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got mine today for Oct 1 through Dec 29. Just discounted rooms and a little dinning credit each day, but it does specifically state, no resort fee. Oh yea, $5 in free slot play!

No surprise since I've probably only run ~$50 through their VP games.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    Christmas
  8. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have stayed there twice on comped offers. no resort fee.

Futbol - final game
  9. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably best just to call and ask -- This thread had me call to ask Plaza since I booked for my dad and we really don't need the 4th night (except for maybe a late checkout of 3rd night) and didn't want to pay the resort fee for it. They said the comp covers the resort fee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.