1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reserved with Aria - questions

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by kayhill232, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayhill232

kayhill232 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're planning a trip in Feb - me, husband, niece, and her fiance. I had been playing for points in hopes of getting a couple of free nights in Vegas, but my nephew, who belongs to Sam's Travel Club found rooms at Aria for $95 a night and booked them, Thurs and Fri. From what I understand, now that he has booked the rooms and paid for them, we can't redeem points towards a reduction in rates now after the fact? Is this a good room rate, and maybe I should just concentrate on using my rewards for other things? We will still be staying Sat and Sun but had planned to stay downtown, but maybe we should use points for the next couple of nights at another hotel? Any advice for me? Also, I did sign up for an Mlife account online but don't think niece and nephew have an account. Would it be beneficial for us if they signed up for an account and would it help to let Aria know they and we have an account on our reservations? Would that give us a better shot at upgrading to a better room - even if it's just on a higher floor?

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy Low-Roller

Whenever you book with an outside source you are not able to redeem points or comps on your reservation. $95 per night is a very good rate. Signing up for Mlife is always encouraged but will not score you any upgrades. If you would like a higher floor just let them know and they will accommodate if available. A higher floor in their system isn't coded as an upgrade assuming the same style of room is available.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only room rewards that Aria offers is reduced room rates, which, at most is 25% off "normal" rates. I'm pretty sure that those rates won't beat the $95 per night, especially if he got Friday night for $95. The reduced room rates isn't 25% off rates you already have.

Now, if you were planning on using that reward for rooms for Saturday and Sunday, you could still use the reward, but, like I said, you can probably find better rates elsewhere. Right now, they are running a Black Friday/Cyber Monday special (check the hotel offers section for the link)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.