1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reservations for a solo diner?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Michelle, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do I need to make them?

Jill's 21st!
  2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never have and haven't had a problem, but I usually eat at the bar. It could be different at a table ...

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing. As long as you sit at the bar, you are usually good. The only time I was turned away was a little over a year ago at Sensei at Bellagio. No table available and the tiny bar was packed, so I went somewhere else

4. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By your name I assume you are female. If you call for reservations and explain that you will be party of one and you would like something comfortable, I would think they might do better by you than if you just walked in

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been having a hard time making a reservation for 1 at L'atelier. I tried to walk in over the summer and was turned away.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say it depends on the restaurant. For truly high-end places like Picasso or L'Atelier, where there either isn't really any bar seating, or the bar seating is a somewhat coveted spot, then I'd make a reservation. For pretty much anywhere else, you're likely fine just walking in, although if you've got your heart set on a particular place it might be worth just calling to ask whether bar seating is usually readily available, and if not, making a reservation.

7. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! Yes to all of it! I really want to have dinner at Sage. And I will be sitting at the bar. However, I REALLY want to have dinner at Sage. So I think I will call them to make a reservation and let them know that I am good sitting at the bar but I just want to make sure I get in! Good idea people!!!

Jill's 21st!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.