1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Renting Car Off-Strip- T&C`s question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by pink_paradise, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been scouring the web for a decent price on a rental car for my upcoming trip, and the best I can find is through Costco, with Budget. I would be picking it up at the Tropicana Ave Budget location (4475 W Tropicana), and dropping it off at the airport 12 days later. The price is $363 USD. It does say that taxes and fees are included ($278 rental, $85 taxes and fees), but when I open the terms and conditions, it says this: `

"$25 Off Plus your Costco Member Savings•BCD - A017600; Coupon Code - MCGZ001. Coupon valid on a compact (group B) through premium (group G), mini van (group V) or standard SUV (group W). Dollars off applies to the time and mileage charges only on a minimum five, maximum 28 consecutive-day weekly rental period. In the U.S., taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle licence recovery fee and customer facility charges may apply and are extra."

Is it safe to assume that this just means that the discount applies only to the base rate and is separate from the taxes and fees, but that they have already included the fees in the price, or should I be expecting an additional charge at the counter?

I have never rented a car before, and was hoping to just rent from the airport (total trip is 16 days) but we won't need the car those first few days and with the rental prices so high, I needed to find another option, and this is by far the cheapest.

Anyone rented from this location before? Any problems?

I appreciate the help!

2. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

The discount does indeed only come off the base rate but the price you got is all inclusive. You will not be charged anything extra when you get to the counter. We have rented from that location several times and never had a problem.

Just of a couple of "heads up"...... See if the price is less if you rent from Trop location and say that your are returning to the same location.. We have done that and returned it to the airport with no additional charge.

Do you know that Budget, like Enterprise, will pick you up and take you to the rental location?

3. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the tips! Price is the same if I drop off at the airport, or Tropicana location. I didn't know Budget would pick us up and take us to the rental location! That is a nice perk and saves a bit on the cab fare.

Does that seem like a decent price to you? Based on what I have read, prices are higher than usual right now, so thought this was decent. Thoughts?

4. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

Yes, it's high but rental prices have skyrocketed in the last six months or so. We used to be able to rent a car for less than $150/week but not any more. We paid $365 for our 14 day rental in April, more than ever before. I can only tell you to keep checking daily, even several times a day, to see if they might drop before your trip. Be sure to call Budget in advance if you want them to pick you up. There aren't many employees at that location so they have to know ahead of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.