1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Renting a Van at Hotel versus at Airport

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by kiwigreg, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwigreg

kiwigreg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying at the Palazzo with four friends in August (for 8 nights) and one day we are playing golf at Wolf Creek so we need to hire a van for 5 people and 5 sets of golf clubs. We thought we might as well get the van for two days and maybe go shopping or drive to Hoover Dam etc on the other day while we have some transport.

I see on-line that Avis have a branch/desk at the Palazzo so I thought it would be easier to pick up and drop off at the hotel to save going back to the airport. However when I did some on-line quotes, the two day hire (for a Dodge Grand Caravan) was $293.20 from Avis at the Palazzo and only $178.32 from Rentalcars.com at the Airport.

Is that standard? Much dearer to hire cars from the hotel?

I believe there is a shuttle that you can catch from hotel to airport to go and pick up a rental - is that a simple thing? Or is it worth paying the extra for less hassle?

Also, any suggestions of any half day or day trips from Las Vegas while we have the van.

Thanks.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vans are always a bit more, and sometimes in short supply.

Hotels seem to charge well above the airport,even after adding in the airport fees. I guess it is supply and demand.

How limo service? Especially since folks usually drink when golfing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.