1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Renting a car with Dollar from TI

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jukie, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rental car booked with Dollar picking up from TI in May, I have booked a small 4x4 (Escape or similar).

I normally pick up from airport where there is usually plenty of choice, whats the choice like at TI, do they have lines, i am a DE member

2. RodneyK

RodneyK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rented there before and walked by it countless times. The process seems a tad longer but not bad. The most I have ever seen there was three people trying to rent at once which would be a twenty or so minute wait. Selection is pretty limited. I think there are about 25 slots for vehicles. I am not sure how good they are about having a specific vehicle type there. If you have to have a specific type such as a small SUV then I would probably rent at main hub. Or, check at TI the day before so they have time to get one over.

3. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not rented from Treasure Island, in fact I have only dropped off at the hotels. I am also a DE member and I like that the RAC process has been smooth for me. I reserve the Lock Low N' Go and have got a Jeep the past three times. As DE, bypass the counter and walk right to the kiosk. Find a car you like and tell them you want that one. Worked every time for me.

On my last rental trip I only wanted the Jeep for half the time. I was staying at the Tropicana and returned it to the RAC and the Dollar shuttle drove me right back to the hotel. Very convenient.

Some things to consider...

4. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for responses guys.

I will be picking up from TI as oppossed to airport, as I dont want the hassle of going back to airport 2 days after landing, Will hope for the best, and if they havent got what i want maybe they will upgrade me:wink

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.