1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Renting a Car from New Terminal 3

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by GeorgeJ., Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terminal 3 is really the ugly stepchild as far as renting a car goes....Next time I fly in on United, I will take the train to Terminal 2 instead of Terminal 3...

It's a LONG walk from baggage claim in Terminal 3 to where the rental car bus is (I say bus, because they don't have more buses there ready to go...just one bus, or NO buses). The bus driver saw me walking toward him but decided to take off anyway. Next bus took over 15 minutes to get there. Thanks.

Terminal 2 usually has buses backed up, waiting to go back to the Car Rental Center...not so with new Terminal 3...

2. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we have ussed terminal 3 on our last 2 visits and we agree completely.

waited 15 minutes for a shuttle to the car rental and always had a shuttle there waiting at terminal 1.

the line for security to go home was also a long disorganized mess as well.

we are almost tempted to use a different airline next trip just to avoid terminal 3.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a much better experience a couple of weeks ago. They were loading one shuttle and we got on before it filled up but there was one waiting behind it. No problem getting back to terminal 3 either.

First Trip 2017
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think there is a train to Terminal 2... as a matter of fact, there is no Terminal 2. (I know... I know... you meant Terminal 1.) :wink2:

But, for those that may not know, you can take the train to Terminal 1 from the D gates (if you are flying United) but, if you checked any bags, they will be delivered at the baggage claim at Terminal 3.

Back to the subject at hand, a 15 minute wait by Vegas Airport standards does sound a bit much. Other airports, maybe not. According the the LAS website, buses are suppose to depart every 5 minutes to the rental car facility. The shuttle to Terminal 1 is about every 15 minutes, but I can't imagine many people using that service.

I doubt that it is the system still working out the bugs this far along into being at the new terminal, but you may want to send them a message and let them know about your experience. Sometimes they can't fix what they don't know is broken.

5. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

You literally have to walk the entire length of Terminal 3 if you're arriving from the D gates, and the bus ride to the rental center is longer too. If you do get a choice between terminals (i.e., you don't have to pick up your baggage) Terminal 1 is definitely more convenient.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes!!! This really does sound bad... I hope they're aware of it and taking steps to correct. When I come out of baggage claim at the Southwest terminal, there's ALWAYS at least a couple buses.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the line at Terminal 3 was alot better than the main terminal usually is.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  8. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have gone through T3 twice now... once in Sept and again 2 weeks ago. Yes, the shuttles are inconvenient, located at the ends of the terminal rather than along the roadway fronting the terminal. And yes, you end up waiting for the buses as well. However...

The wait time is really no different for those of us who use to use T2 (Hawaiian Air). In both instances I ended up waiting around 5 minutes for the RAC shuttle to show up. The big difference is for the United and other passengers who use to go to T1. There are always RAC shuttles lined up at T1 so now they have to wait.

Going through security was so easy in both instances. Very minimal wait times in line - a lot better than going through T1 to C gates/Southwest Air.

Getting off the tram @ T3, you are at baggage claim in less than a minute unless you walk VERY SLOW. Now depending where your carrousel is in baggage claim you may have to walk more, but its still not as far as T1 coming from the C gates and finding out your bags are at carrousel #16 which is at the far end of baggage claim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.