1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rental car - Valet parking void agreement

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by william11, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william11

william11 Tourist

As most rental car companies only insure the registered driver of the rental car, what happens if the valet driver damages your car? Does this void the coverage with your rental car company as the valet driver is not a registered driver? Is the claim then made through the hotel?

2. vegasvette

vegasvette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd take it up with the valet folks. Read the small print, probably.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You said it. The driver listed on the rental paperwork. Not much rental variance unless they so choose

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  4. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every valet ticket on the back has language stating that they are not liable for damage and/or theft while in their possession. If a rental car is damaged while you are renting it, you are responsible for the cost to repair it, and in the state of Nevada, also loss of income to the rental car while the car is being fixed.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 12 years ago I stayed at the Fremont. I valet my car when I was there. I got my car back only to find a yard long scratch on the side of my car. Apparently the valet took the corner too close and scratched the car. I complained but as one of the other posters mentioned, they have signs and notices that the valets weren't responsible or liable for any damage to the car.

After that I never used the valet at the Fremont (or elsewhere) and I haven't stayed at the Fremont since then. Too bad because I had a free 3 night stay for my birthday at the time but based on my low play I never got another free offer from them again. I wrote a letter to the Fremont management but never received a response from them.

After that I have a negative thing about using valets. I know that others use the valet regularly but one bad incident turned me off to it and I avoid using them.

I was lucky, I returned the car and the attendant didn't care or didn't notice (he walked around the car) the scratch and I was never charged or billed for it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.