1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rental Car SCORE!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by TIMSPEED, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, wife and I usually rent a car to take to Reno on the weekends...
    Mostly because it's FUN, but also because it is actually pretty cheap ($55 for 3 days)
    So, usually we just take a small car (Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, Chevy Cruze, etc)
    But last weekend, when we were just doing a 1-day rentla to go up to Monterey Bay Aquarium & the coast...they didn't have any cars left, sans two MINIVANS! LOL...so our friend at the desk apologized to us...(We didn't end up going because we didn't want to take our car OR a MINIVAN)

So THIS weekend rolls around...we pull into the airport lot to pickup the rental car...
    I tell my wife..."Well, it looks like we'll have our choice of a Chevy Malibu or Nissan Altima...Man, that's a cool Camaro, but I'm sure that's reserved for someone with a Cool-Cars collection reservation."
    So we get inside to the desk and our friend was like "Man, I'm SO glad you guys got here right now...I'll give you that Camaro to make up for last weekend!"
    I was like "SURE! Even though it's just a V6, I'm sure it'll be pretty fun car."
    Duhhh-Duh-Duhhh....we go out to get into the car...what do I notice on the front grille....a little SS badge!!
    SCOOOORE! IT'S A V8 CAR!!!
    I have NO idea how they let us get away with this, but we were able to score what I'm SURE would have been a $200+ rental for $55!!! I was just mad we had to go up to Reno to pickup $300 in freeplay...I wanted to take it to the dragstrip!!
    As it was, I got to play around a little bit with it on the freeway (MAN does it go from 75 to 130 QUICK!)
    The funny thing is...my wife never rode in a car that fast...for me, I used to drag race, so I've been in faster...but my personal car was my 87 Corvette, which was stock (sans some sticky tires and exhaust mods) and ran [email protected] at the strip....From everything I've seen on the internet, this 13 Camaro SS can do the EXACT same...which I think is weird, considering the engine puts out 425hp!!
    Until I got home tonight and looked it up...that damn SS weighs 3950lbs!!! (My vette was a trim 3150)

Just crazy to be able to get this car and go out and have a little fun with it, for only $55!!!

Attached Files:

Palace Tower Suite!
  2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Tim ...
    Nice score on that Camaro rental. Must have been a smooth ride !!

Speaking of Corvettes, I got my first one in 1971 ... a Stingray T-topper ... $7700 sticker , with 454 ci / 365 hp / 4-spd ... It was a beast, and getting about 10 mpg. Sold it in 1982, for more than I paid for it ... and turned around and bought a new '82 ... a harmless boulevard cruiser, with a 305 ci / 195 hp / 3 spd. auto. It looked pretty, but wasn't going to challenge anyone. Kept it for 12 years, sold it, and went back to a "normal" car. :cry:

"Buddha"

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprisingly, that's a RARE car...it had been/was the only NON-350 powered Corvette for a LONG time (76-2005)...The 305 82' was a "California" special, for emissions purposes.
    (LoL, don't mind me, I'm a corvette guru)
    Funny too...because on the way home, I spotted a 96 Grand Sport (Corvette) and TRIED LIKE HELL to incite a little race...but it was an old man and he was on his cell :rolleyes2: ignoring me

Palace Tower Suite!
  4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sweet looking car.

If you do not mind me asking (and of course you do not have to if you do not want to) how come you guys rent cars instead of taking your own car??

5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We only have one car and it gets 21mpg on the freeway...so renting a car that gets 35mpg is slightly cheaper for 600 miles....not to mention saves wear/tear on our car AND is fun...so it just works.

Palace Tower Suite!
  6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah ok, i have an suv and a grand am coupe which gets way better mileage than the suv but not as comfortable at all. My husband would look at me like i grew 2 heads if i ever suggested renting a car here lol. Your wife is all for it though so.......was just curious.

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $50, as much as we drive to Reno (500 miles round trip), it's WORTH IT.

Palace Tower Suite!
  8. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome score, gotta love when you score a nice car and are a car enthusist :D

9. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup...and a few weeks back, we scored a 13 jeep grand Cherokee 4x4 for $55...didn't take us two seconds to decide to go up to the mountains (off road) on the way home from reno...
    Also have gotten a 12 Hyundai Genesis (when they first came out) which was pretty sweet.

Palace Tower Suite!
  10. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!!!!

I'm hoping to score a late model Yugo next week...

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
  11. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drove a 550 hp Caddy recently

The 2 door sport model with a supercharged V8. To say this car was fast is an understatement. I pulled out on the highway and ran up to 100 like nothing. I think it can do 160 flat out,but I wasnt about to find out. Car listed for 77K ,a bit out of my price range. I think they had a four door sedan with that engine option also,not your fathers Cadillac. I had a pt gig driving this monster to a promo event at a golf outing. Wasnt easy driving like a law abiding motorist in this beast.We popped the hood on this thing and it said in big letters SUPERCHARGED on the air cleaner.Good thing I wasnt 20 years old again.

12. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've driven that CTS-V, the coupe, and damn it's fast as hell!

13. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

i used to have an 09 4 door cts-v they are fast as hell especially if modded, real easy to roast the tires for sure :D

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.