1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Remodel Wynn or bachnnal buffets?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by rdwoodpecker, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have not eaten at Bachannal and been 7 years or so since eating the Wynn buffet. Since the prices are similar, which would you choose. Thanks!

2. twimmd

twimmd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll probably get quite a few different answers here. Can't speak for breakfast or lunch, but for comparing dinner, my wife and I have to give the edge to Bacchannal. We love proteins!
    The quality choices of the meat carving station alone makes up for the longer wait at Bacchannal. Bacchanal has a bit more extensive seafood selection, as well.

3. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking forwarding to visiting the remodelled Wynn buffet next week. I'm not a big buffet fan, so only once per trip, but Wynn is one of the best.

4. nado

nado Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried the Wynn gourmet buffet last Friday evening. While it was good, for $49.95 I was disappointed. Wide variety however shrimp were small, crab legs were average, the tomahawk ribeye was not bone in like the pictures I had seen. It was like a small carving roast from which you get a small thin slice or two. Maybe we were there to early. Desserts were fantastic and the service was very good. My expectations were very high and I left filled up yet unfulfilled.

5. 18000rpm

18000rpm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal for sure.

6. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flip a coin. You're riding with the best.

Nick:beer:

7. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The food at Bacchanal is pretty good, but the prices and crowds are a major turn off for me. You get there mid morning or early evening the throngs of people in the buffet is ridiculous. I have literally stood in line 10 mins waiting for the carving station at Bacchanal. The only value has been the head of line with diamond. Wicked Spoon and Wynn on the other had I never experienced long wait times on the serving lines.

I can only chalk it up to Caesars packing them long and deep at the Bacchanal. My guess is if you arrive early for certain dinning windows when the crowds are thinner and the experience is different.

8. file1040

file1040 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're into Alaskan King Crab, Bacchanal has them I think every day. They will also steam them if you like. The food selection is just amazing, but as Funkhouser pointed out, lines can get long. People just can't make up there mind and dawdle as they make selections. Come on people..move out of the way...I'm hungry! I've found the food quality to be very good to excellent.

9. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't tried the dinner buffet yet, but the breakfast buffet was ok. Custom omelets and the excellent dessert bar. I thought they were a bit skimpy on the offerings I like, but that's me. The Sinatra meatballs were on the dense side. Still have friendly, efficient service.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  10. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food was better at bacchanal, not sure if the remodel at Wynn has a new menu?

Wynn is less crowded and in my opinion a nicer ambience. As mentioned, bacchanal gets ridiculously busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.