1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reliable online housing ads?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by Woman2Blame, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woman2Blame

Woman2Blame Tourist

Where are some trustworthy places on the internet to looking for single family rental homes? We aren't quite ready to make the move just yet....and when we are I plan to go through a professsional to help us....but for now I'm just trying to get a realistic idea of what we will get for our budget. Craigslist doesn't seem trustworthy...I've been using Realtor.com, but I don't know if that's a website that scammers frequent or not. Any local websites I could try?

2. 8Summer8

8Summer8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi - I own a house in LV and it's managed by a property management co. What I can share w/ u is from landlord's perspective. Most renters use a realtor to find a rental. Realtor is paid by the landlord if a lease is signed. MLS (Multiple listing Service) probably has the most up to date and complete available rental since most landlords list rental in MLS even if they manage their own property. I would be very CAUTIOUS in using Craigslist in LV.

If you just want to get a feel of rent price or availability then use either Realtor, Zillow or Rentals. There is a time lag with their information but I find Realtor has more up to date rentals compared to Zillow, Rentals seem to have more info on large apartment complexes. Some realtor website also has rental listings available but I'm not sure how complete the listing is. If you know the area you are looking for you can certainly do it old fashion way by driving around.

3. Packrat1

Packrat1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I own two homes that I rent in Vegas and Realtor.com is all I use. Be sure to check to see if the home owner you are renting from is not in Foreclosure. Start with the Assessors site. Also important is the neighborhood don't count on your Realtor for that as they are not allowed to tell you about the "bad" neighborhoods at least not officially. There are several sites that show crime data. There will be many rentals that look great and have a great price in the less desirable areas so be careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.