1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reel Chef Slot

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by anonanon, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Slot MyVegas Game - Reel Chef!

Just got it now, trying it out...:beer:

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They got a new slot game in My Vegas about chefs

3. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Says coming soon on my game

4. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I made a post about this already. This game seems to not be paying out well :(

5. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just played it and agree with you. This is the 20-line game and can be the worst payout one in the 20-line category (including Jewels Vern, Around the World, Lucky Birds, and Reel Chef).

6. kaceyco

kaceyco Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed - major chip sucker. I won't be playing anymore - although all the games seem to be tighter for me this week. Just not my week!

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It costed me over 40000 at 400 per spin to finally be able to beat the 3 chefs

Then i faced Mr Canard was awarded 6 free spins that got me a huge 600 :(

8. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I notice that they (PlayStudios) must have made some code changes to the games. It's very frustrating that the bonus run just gives some petty little chips. It's obvious that they continuously tightened up the games and reduced the payout.

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks similiar to Bet the Farm to me with the more advantageous payouts of the 200/1000 wager scales.

Then again, most of the slots are based around similiar blueprints, just with different looking interfaces. I think it's time they created more table games.

10. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree! Any video poker games will be better than those slots (chip vampires). I am getting tired of the slots and have been playing a lot of blackjack (although BJ game is having glitches as well).

11. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I didn't have the same experience as everyone else. For about 45 minutes of gameplay, I lasted quite a while on 40,000 chips @ 1000 a spin, and lost only about 25,000. I guess I should post how I feel about the game.

Concept:
    The concept of the game is you're a chef and you're trying to feed people small dinners and battle chefs. Seems like it's really close to Iron Chef, just based on the names given to this top chefs. The game is a 3x3 Reel slot with comparable gameplay as Bet The Farm.

Graphics:
    Overall, the graphics are pretty good. Playstudios is becoming more of the WMS counterpart, good graphics but I wish I had better gameplay that would let me play the game longer.

Paytable:
    The paytable is rather interesting. But the rumors are true, on the fact that the paytable is dramatically lowered from its counterpart, Bet The Farm. Yes there's some Wild symbols that help the combinations out but not if that means it makes it harder to score a larger win. The middle range items are 40-30-20 on this game but on Bet The Farm it is 50-40-30. Which with a higher bet makes the difference much more staggering. Also 2 wilds pays out dramatically less than its counterpart 2 Bet The Farm Symbols.

Yes, the amount of each of the stored symbols has a higher payout for two of the symbols - 5x and 10.5x for only (3) 3 matching items but the others are also weakened a lot - 1.2, 1.5, 2.25, and 2.25. A plus would be you don't have to match up as many 3 matching items as in Bet the Farm for the best higher payout items (4 times in Bet the Farm and 3 here). But the smaller symbols need more (2 times in Bet The Farm and 3 here) with smaller payout.

What I can't understand is why is a Potato and Soup worth more than a Lobster, Ham, or Steak dinner? The Potato better have some truffle butter, chives, and some other stuff with it.

The Bonus Game:
    To trigger the Bonus Game you need to have 2 or more Bonus symbols appear on the reels 5 times. That is somewhat of a positive since Bet The Farm requires 3 but also a negative in that a Bonus Game in Bet The Farm can happen on any turn while here it takes a minimum of 5 turns. The Bonus Game is the typical stuff, lots of spinning of the wheels and hoping things go your way. What I like about these BGs is there's some real possibility to get some good amounts (particularly the continuous spinning until time is up - Pizza Bonus), however I'm not a fan of the fact that losing causes you to waste a lot of time with a very poor amount that comes out. You're also forced to redo the whole bonus again until you get it done. The Free Spin one is kind of dumb, losing this one is the worst because that usually results in few spins (i.e. 6) that could payout really nothing.

Gaining LPs:
    It's a better game to give LPs than Bet The Farm is. You only have to pay 8000 chips (at Level 140+) to get 10 LP which is the optimal speed to give LPs.

Overall:
    Overall, I'm pleased that it's different from the 30-line games that they keep chugging out. But if I had to choose between Bet The Farm and Reel Chef, I'll take Bet The Farm any day. Yeah Reel Chef pays LPs better but the paytable is weakened significantly to accommodate that. The fact that you can lose a BG and force you to redo this section again with a very weak bonus payout really puts me off. Most of the time you'll be constantly hoping many Ham and Chicken dinners come out so it can payout high amounts, but most of the paying out will be done from Potatoes and Soups.

I'd play this game over any 30-liner any day. But I'd like it more if the paytable was better and I didn't have to redo the Bonus Games.

12. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

About two weeks ago I had over one million coins. Betting 2000 to 4000 on mostly BTF and Around the world and went down to 300 thousand coins in about 4 days. I'm now betting 1000 coins and still am losing. The new Chef game is no better. I still face the third Chef, over and over again. I just do not play nearly as much. Not fun.

13. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gave it a hundy spins at 400 just to get a feel for it. I didn't like it but here's something I wonder if others have seen. I am a lvl 100 player and have built my strip. I could see the "V" going by on spins and on 1 out of 100 spins it stuck. It didn't vomit or anything like it does when you are building your strip but non the less it was there and taking up a paying space on the reels.

14. XFace619

XFace619 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I definitely would recommend betting 1,000 for this one. I hovered between 460,000 and 510,000 for a decent amount of time (like 25 mins). As soon as I went up to 2,000 my chips got sucked up.

15. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes "V" squares take up space on the wheel and I was able to see them whiz by. I don't think it matters too much what happens in between the spins, what matters more is what it stops on.

16. donfairplay

donfairplay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh.

Nice graphics and whatnot, but I dislike these diagonal line games something fierce.

Do you see a bunch of people sitting at a slot machine in Vegas with their heads tilted at a 45 degree angle? No. (well, I don't look at everyone at the machines, but just sayin')

Another case of of MyVegas trying to reinvent the e-slot wheel.

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate the detailed analysis cstutor, but considering the highest paying symbols are now "Wild", other payouts generally have to be lowered, otherwise the game will be >100%. Wilds make a huge difference in the game.

The most important question is (for those between Level 58 and 140): Does "Reel Chef" take away 1.7 times as many chips bet per spin than "Bet the Farm" does? At this point, I'm definitely unsure. "Bet the Farm" does seem like the highest payback game, but I dunno if "Reel Chef" is 1.7 times worse.

18. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that it is easier to make a win with the Wilds and for that reason they have to lower the paytable. But it's also harder to make a huge win unless you match a lot of the big symbols (like 3 Wilds and the Dessert Stack). Making a 50x bet on this game is going to be really difficult.

I forgot to mention that this Bonus Game in Reel Chef doesn't give you XP but Bet The Farm does. Also you do get a special Crop Bonus when you collect 3-5 sets of 3 collectibles together in Bet The Farm which makes up for the fact that you do get 10.5x for 3 Hams.

Calculating if this game is better or worse than Reel Chef is too hard because everything is based on the gameplay in a short amount of time. But what I've found is it's possible to move up really far up in an unsustainable way in Bet The Farm (from 50k to 300k) and I've found so far that Reel Chef likes to be really quiet but sustainable. The only problem with sustainable is it only takes one bad run of nothing to make you lose.

19. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well over this weekend I dumped 500k through Reel Chef, and I gotta say this game has a very low payout!

I'm going back to Lucky Birds for the best LP/Chip ratio, and the original Excalibur for fun.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.