1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Redwood Bar and Grill

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JennJenn, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JennJenn

JennJenn Low-Roller

Hey all!

We are off to Downtown in 7 days!!!! So excited. Not sure what to pack clothing wise since we are usually in Vegas in July, but a good sweater never hurts.......

Never been to the Redwood bar and grill, but I am wondering, would nice jeans be ok?

Thanks!

2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely.

Nick:beer:

3. JennJenn

JennJenn Low-Roller

Thanks Nick from Yuma!

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We eat at Redwood probably about 10 times per year. Unfortunately, almost anything is acceptable. I'm usually in jeans and a polo and sometimes shorts in summer. But we have seen wife-beater shirts, ripped tees, baseball caps etc, so don't worry about it.

The food is very good! Enjoy. If you like steak, the porterhouse (18oz) special for $24 is a buy. Includes soup or salad, potato, and desert. My fav is the 16 oz bone-in ribeye.

Too bad they got rid of the piano player. It made for a nice touch and he took requests.
    EDIT: I realize some might find jeans and a polo, or shorts and a polo poorly dressed also, but it is a resort town.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. JennJenn

JennJenn Low-Roller

Thanks Joe. We would usually bring nicer clothes, but trying to limit to what can be packed into a carry on bag. In July this isn't an issue because of the heat. This is the first time in about 10 years we've been to town in November and I just don't know how to pack this time around. Been wanting to try the Redwood so we will try to do so this trip. We love a good steak too, so thank you for your recommendations!

6. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, Have you had their Filet or Lobster Tail? I have had that PH 18 oz special its very good.

7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess many Vegas establishments will make exceptions as long as the patron wears clothes that are clean. Especially in the summer months, it would be hard to enforce strict dress codes; the establishment would risk losing a potential customer.

Going in the month of Nov. when the weather starts to get cool, packing a set of nice clothes is prudent. Your packing strategy will call for cooler weather wear anyway. And the way I see it, entering a casual/fine dining establishment like the Redwood in Nov. would certainly raise eyebrows from the patrons and employees if someone walks in with shorts, sandals/slippers and a scruffy t-shirt. Not so much if it was July.

But like Joe said, Redwood has seen it all. From my 2 visits there, both in November, the patrons I saw in there were wearing collared dress shirts/polos and nice jeans or dress slacks. I did see a group that looked like they just finished a round of golf and they looked perfectly fine.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I've had to filet lobster combo. I've also had just tails. My wife really likes the 1.5# King Crab legs. We also must start very meal with the escargot a la garlic.

I'm a carnivore, but my wife has also had the ahi and the lobster thermidor. She liked both, but her thoughts were the thermidor was almost too rich after a day of drinking. :beer:

We don't abuse our Gold Card, but I do notice that the food bill is usually in a direct relationship to our gambling results. Losing big, lobster and crab it is. :poke: :evillaugh

Winning, then a ribeye and porterhouse are just fine.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard the baked oysters are fairly good (from an authority on such subjects) so you may want to try those.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But the thing is, they never know when the scruffy one is also the high roller and they can't take a chance offending someone who might be, so I don't really think there would be a reaction from the staff. Customers maybe, but what are they going to do? Complain on their way out? That just puts management between a rock and hard place. We're back to the what if it's an important customer, who dresses like crap.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How true, Joe. That point slipped my mind.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.