1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Redsand's trip report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by redsand22, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saturday – Got into LAS and waited around for an hour or so until the gf’s flight came in. From there we headed right to the Palms (where we were staying). Well at 12:30pm the room wouldn’t quite be ready so we decided we’d go to the Mexican restaurant and have some apps and drinks and play some video BJ and poker. So after getting a nice buzz and having some food, our room was ready. I have to say the Palms does have THE nicest most comfortable beds in LV!! We were on the 5th floor facing the Rio. Not a bad view, although the lights that shine on the Palms were right outside our window, so if you left the curtains open just a tad the room would change colors . So after taking a short rest… we got ready and left for the Bellagio to Circo for dinner. Dinner wasn’t spectacular but not bad. She loved the view (this being her first time to Vegas and all) and enjoyed her dinner. **Sidenote – I live in Chicago, her Long Island so this night was planned as a belated Vday** After dinner, we gambled a bit, I lost $150 in BJ, she won $200 in $1 slots and then we went on to the next part of the night. At 8:00pm I had a limo waiting out front for a 1 hour tour of the strip. She was in awe of this and said no one had ever put much thought into any gifts for her. So off we were in the limo and took a tour of the strip. She loved all of it and it was exciting to see a Vegas Virgin’s reaction to all the different sites/hotels, made me appreciate it all again. So after the trip we were supposed to head to Venetian but the alcohol/jet lag/ time difference kicked in and we headed back to the Palms. Well the hour nap we had hoped for turned into staying in for the night and night one was complete!

Sunday – Today started with a excellent breakfast downstairs at the Palms, decided to play a little BJ after breakfast, well wasn’t THAT the wrong time to do that. The dealer was horrible, the players at the table didn’t have a clue. Now I don’t mind a player asking what to do every now and then (I’ve done it before) but to ask EVERY single hand… what should I do… even when it’s a pair of Aces and the table was a $20 limit. So then one of the players asks the dealer, “Hey do you know how they play with the chips and have the 2 stacks and push them together?†and the dealer AFTER dealing the first card says, “Oh yeah†and he takes a stack of $1’s out and starts to show him. HELLO!!! I have $50 on this hand (even though I should have left already) and he’s going to show them how to play with chips!! I thought it was illegal for dealers to touch the chips but I’m not sure. Anyways, that was the end of that I had had it and left, down another $150. So later we head on over to Caesars, show her the forum shops and what not and we went to Cheescake factory for dinner, good times/food/drinks. After dinner we met up with my friends that drove down from CA for the weekend. Man we had a blast just hanging out having a couple of drinks. It was just some little lounge type bar (Seahorse maybe) but we had a lot of fun! So the bar was closing down and we decided to head back home and grab some zzz’s

Monday – Monday morning came and today I thought was going to be a good day… just a had a feeling about it, spent some of the day on and off gambling. Gf’s friend was in town so we went to get In and Out Burger with her ( the Midwest really needs In and Out, it’s be a big money maker). After dinner we went back to the Palms, I played some more BJ, $100 in… about 2 hours later $200 out.. nothing big but it was a win none the less. So we had some more drinks and played some other slots, and by then it had gotten a little late (yeah I know big partiers we are, but we only see each other once a month so we tend to relax and hang out instead of going to crazy places where we can’t hear each other).

Tuesday – Gf’s friend is moving out to Vegas and wants to show her the apartment she’s getting. They want girl time alone…fine with me time to GAMBLE!! So she leaves to check out the apt and I head to the BJ table… I start on a nice little roll, building a decent pile of green in front of me when this little man sits down next to me. Now I’m pretty sure he’s counting cards, because every time the dealer gets to him he stops, looks around and decides what to do. Now a couple of times he had some questionable calls… holding on a 15 when dealer shows a 10 and so on… but this one REALLY got to me. The dealer is showing a 10 of clubs… she deals him a 5 and a 3… totals 8…. He looks around and HOLDS!! Huh? What? You’re holding on an 8? Why? Well one of the guys at the table just goes off on him and takes his chips and leaves… the thing is I hit twice on 12 and 16 and ended up with a 19 and in the end dealer busted. Weird overall play but whatever! So the gf is about to be back so I decide to color out… $675!! NICE! Later that day she hit $1 slots for $300, and $200 so it turned out to be a good gambling day! That night we headed out to Margaritaville over at Flamingo… yeah we hit the chain restaurants I know.. but it was good, after that we went over to my favorite bar ( and a lot of people’s here) Carnival Court… 2 HOT female bartenders even the gf said, she wanted to bring them back and all the flipping of everything is just so entertaining. Plus they had an 80’s coverband playing… good times! Met some fun people around us and had a blast!

Overall, one of the more quieter trips to Vegas for me, usually go with my buddies, but it was a GREAT GREAT time. Even if it did rain everyday. The trip but the vegas bug back in me though and I have to go back this year now! Sorry if I rambled on but thought some of ya may like a report!

2. milehiman

milehiman VIP Whale

Sounds like you had a great time.

One question though - the guy that was playing weird - he stayed on "8" and you had a 12, to a card to 16, hit again and stayed on 19. The dealer turns over a card which I'm assuming showed less than 17, they hit and bust. Is that right?

Why would the guy get mad and take hisi chips and leave? Did he wait until the dealer turned over his chips or did he bust before it came to the one guy with 8?

Thanks for sharing.

3. redsand22

redsand22 Guest

That is correct, with what the dealer did.

No the guy actually won, he was just pissed cause of the way the guy was playing, still won him some $$ though, who knows... I mean I understand it, but I didn't say anything, everyone still one. It is a free card that wouldn't hurt his hand but he knew something the rest of us didn't I guess!!

4. snowball

snowball Guest

That's horrible. You can be sure you scored major points there....

[ February 28, 2005, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: snowball ]

5. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a very nice trip. I've had some great times in Vegas doing nothing but hanging out with a friend.

The guy who stood on the 8 is priceless. Very Austin Powers.

6. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR. I hear you on the hot bartenders at Carnival Court. I'm a 100% heterosexual female, but Robin from NY (Syracuse if I remember correctly) was indeed HOT. And she made a hell of a raspberry martini or three.

7. Little Bob

Little Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a single deck game I think the strategy or lack there of of the other players can make a difference. In a multideck, shoe or continuous shuffle game, it probably makes very little difference in the long run. I do get aggravated though when I have had a cold streak, get a pat hand with the dealer showing a break card and some player hit his hard 15 or 16 draws a face and the dealer then gets a 6 to go with his 15 and I lose. The choices are to ignore it (hard to do), say something and risk a scene or getting up and leaving. Maybe leaving is the best option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.