1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Redemption Roundup: Christmas Trip

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by illdonk, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illdonk

illdonk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I stayed at the Wynn over Christmas, with a package deal that included Le Reve tickets. So this meant that the big awards (rooms and Cirque) weren't needed this time around (especially since Manadalay Bay without the pool open seems like a waste), and the MGM property required rewards were out.

Rewards #1 & #2: Two of our rewards (more specifically, two of each) were at the Aria; we figured we'd combine the Five50 pizza and beer and the Jean Philippe pastry for our lunch. We trekked down there and hit the MLife desk (no line, no hassles) and got a rude surprise: we were in a blackout period for the Five50 reward. I knew that there were blackout dates for rooms/shows/buffets and other big items, but a slice of pizza? It wasn't like the place was packed. Anyway, the blackout dates were specified in the reward, and this might be a warning that everybody else already is aware of, but be sure to read the fine print.

The Jean Philippe reward is better than advertised. The pastries are mostly $7, and the cashier said that the reward was actually a $10 credit. We each also got coffee which pushed the bill to around $22, but the two rewards took care of the whole thing, so the reward value was even over $10. This happened with us last time as well, with a free glass of wine at (the late, lamented) American Fish actually being something like a $30 credit.

Our other rewards were complimentary passes for the Mirage Secret Garden. Again, no line, a little time getting everything filled out but not too bad. We're fans of the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef and we enjoyed this attraction as well. The big cats were nice (at least one of them was walking around), but dolphins are always fun to watch. I think we spent around 45 minutes there (with a feeding/training session), and it's not the most exciting place in the world, but it made for a good mid-day break.

One other note. We had considered having the Bellagio buffet for Christmas dinner but knew that there would probably be a considerable line. Well, we were there at around 6:30 and were told that the wait at that point would be...four hours. That is just insane, and might be one of the crazier things I've seen.

2. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.