1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Redeeming points without a Facebook Acc't

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by VegasDiva, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if this has been addressed before,~ Heading to Vegas in about 3 weeks
    I have FB and many points for redeeming via MyVegas

my travel pal, has been playing on her phone app only , but NO FACEBOOK acc't? She would like to redeem some points, Is there a way to do that without creating a FB acc't?

Thanks in Advance!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From their terms of service:
    The easiest thing for her to do would be to create a Facebook account and become active with the game there. Once she registers the first time for a reward, she should be able to redeem for rewards from her phone without even needing to be on Facebook. If she doesn't want to "be on" Facebook, I suggest signing up with a nickname or variation of her first and middle name. Say that her name is Ann Michele Smith... sign up as Annie Michele or Ann Michele... etc.

BUT, she will need to input her REAL info when she redeems for the rewards.

3. neminem

neminem Tourist

Or, it seems like based on what half my myvegas-friends on facebook have done and haven't gotten in trouble for it, even totally lie. A popular one is to use your first name and say your last name is "myvegas". It's against the facebook ToS, but that hasn't stopped a gajillion people from doing it seemingly successfully. I even have a friend whose first name is apparently myvegas, and whose last name is also apparently myvegas. His name, according to facebook, is "myvegas myvegas". :D (I just don't care that much, facebook can have public information on me, I don't mind. I know people who do, though.)

But yes, when you go to buy rewards, it will ask you for your real name, and then you have to give it your actual real name. That doesn't go to facebook, though, it goes to myvegas and to mlife.

4. Shayna G

Shayna G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BUT...... If you do that, and your account is flagged you are permanently screwed. I know people (well, hear people online) who had facebook close their accounts for using such names and now they cant start another account because myvegas has already been tied to a different account.

Your best bet is to use some form of your real name. If you get flagged from facebook you can at least scan in photo id that matches enough to get your account back. Otherwise, its a risk you take.

5. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Shock , I found that after I posted and sent to her ......
    Thanks for the other replies too
    I dont' think she will do that for the sake of it , she has just enough for a one day pass on the mono rail maybe not worth redeeming as she rarely plays the game now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.