1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Redeeming hotel rooms

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by kevrock, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevrock

kevrock Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does it work for redeeming rooms for rewards? Do they give you a code or something when you redeem that you give to the hotel when you make your reservation, or how does that work. For example, could I make a reservation now, for the room I want to redeem for in December and then redeem and when it get closer, redeem using that reservation? If that makes any sense. Or, is there any way of telling if the room will be availiable for the night you want before you redeem your points for it? Thanks.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you purchase the reward you have 90 days to redeem it. But with hotel rooms just making the reservation redeems the reward (and it becomes non refundable at that point). They will give you a redemption code and a redemption contact number to use. As far as seeing if the room is available, there isn't a way via myVegas directly, but you can just look at the hotel website you are wanting to use your points for and for the days you want. If the room you want doesn't exist for the dates you want on the hotel's website, it's unlikely you'll be able to redeem for those dates.

But if you can't find any dates that work for you, they will be able to refund you your points as long as you are still within 90 days of purchasing the reward. For example, if you bought a reward today, you must reserve a room by mid-July. I'm pretty certain you can make a reservation later than that since once you lock down the reservation, the reward is non-refundable.

I just redeemed hotels a couple of days ago. I was forced to take Monte Carlo on Wed./Thurs. because Mirage didn't have resort rooms left those days, but they were on the hotel reservation website for the following Sun./Mon. so I was able to take Mirage for those days. I ideally wanted it the other way around, but when they are sold out they are sold out! But if you are planning to book THIS far in advance, you will almost certainly not have this problem. And if you know your plans this far in advance, it's probably a good idea to at least purchase the rewards in advance since they reserve the right to increase the price. And they have a few times so far. :(

3. kevrock

kevrock Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks lot. So you are saying that as long as I redeem my code in the 90 days, I can make my reservation for as far ahead as I want?

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically, the MyVegas rooms are available around 6 months out. Give or take a few weeks either way. Sometimes longer, but 6 months is a good rule of thumb.

Also, check the reward description within the game for black out dates.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just looking at something and it said must be used by 12.27.13. So within a reasonable amount of time.

6. Lolly

Lolly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anybody know what flexible room means? My son needs a weekend night, does it mean that by any chance? He is looking to book a room.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

7. bruceb

bruceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the flexible night rewards are good for any night (including Fri and Sat).
    bruce

20th anniversay trip
  8. Lolly

Lolly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bruce, thank you for your quick response!

9. onsan

onsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remember there are blackout dates.

10. Lolly

Lolly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reminder onsan!

11. TheJacob

TheJacob Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats the actual procedure at the hotel?

Do I just go to check in with my ID, mlife card, and the myvegas code?

12. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you call to book the room, then you just treat it like any other time you check in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.