1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Red Rocks/Green Valley buffets- Can you pay for lunch and stay for dinner?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by nw2this, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nw2this

nw2this Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since unlike the other buffets, they close between 3 and 4, I was wondering if you can get away with this here.

I want to use my myvegas lunch reward on a Friday at 3 and just and nibble till they start wine and seafood night.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never tried, but I've always assumed if a buffet closes between meals that they will chase you out.

3. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's the reason they close down. To discourage stuff like that. If I remember right, MSS does this too.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  4. RichL58

RichL58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be cheap, spend the extra few bucks!!!!

5. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is cheap and there is really cheap. If you have to ask the question, you know the answer!

Bonus early day Downtown
    Annual end of the rodeo trip
  6. Champster1

Champster1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW I ate at GVR last August. I cant remember what time I arrived but I know it was before 4 because my sister was going to meet me at 4:30 in the hotel lobby. Stayed at the buffet for an hour at least (buffet was free with points and I weigh over 230 lbs..."I can eat"). They never cleared out the buffet area for dinner. They just began to change some of the menu items around 4p.m. Its been 9 months since, but I don't remember them closing between meals.

March Madness...here I come !!
  7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't say for these specific buffets (RR or GVR) must most places that "close" during the afternoon still let guests stay and their being "closed" means no new guests coming in, but also no new food going out until they are open again.

Usually when they are actually going to close and kick everybody out the close time will be longer, IE: closed from 4PM to 6PM... they'll let people stay and eat and have drinks and such until maybe 4:45-5PM and then actually kick people out then - that way they don't have to worry so much about issues like if somebody comes in at 2:45PM and they close at 3PM if they have to warn the customer to gobble the food down as fast as possible because they'll be out on their rear come 3:01PM

8. nw2this

nw2this Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I actually meant to post this in the frugal thread instead of the restaurant thread. I know I'm being cheap, but the difference is about $54 dollars vs. free, so its a little more than a few dollars.

@Champster and @Auggie, thanks for the helpful information, sounds like I might be able to get away with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.