1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Recording shows

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Dtyst1, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dtyst1

Dtyst1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why do people insist on going to a show and then proceed to record the entire damn thing on their phones?

There has been more than one show I've gone to and had the privilege of sitting behind some jackwagon holding a phone slightly above their head and directly into my, or my friend's sight line for the entire 90 minutes. These people aren't going to watch the thing again. At best, they annoy their drinking buddies into watching a modern version vacation photos or they go home and post the thing to YouTube, which must make the venues thrilled.

Seriously, enjoy the show they you are there watching in person, not the show you may want to try to watch later on your phone on the flight home.

2. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I had a recent incident at Le reve. They allow non-flash pictures (no videos). The jackwagon in front of me was taking a picture every 10 seconds. This camera made that Cachish sound after every pic. I complained to the usher and she ended up moving me and the wife. We were moved to a row all by our selves. Show was great btw.

I think they should ban all photography or have a photography section and keep em all together.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll take a few pics but the constant camera crowd irritates me, too. It's a sign of the times we live in. Best to just accept it.

4. xman30

xman30 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got to hate them jackwagons!!! :goofy::wink

xman30

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ....staring at a small video screen......when you're at the actual live event.....I don't get it....

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be cool!

Cameras popping up like cobras.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is terrible and I would pay EXTRA for any show that did not allow it.

Maybe they should have a 5 minute session during each show to allow it. Then put the damn phones away and ENJOY the live performance. If you want a recording, skip the show and buy a video.

it is insane.

Even worse are those that hold up their tablet and record the show.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What has happened to the mode / switch which makes your phone silent? If it is an i-phone and silenced, the camera doesn't "click" when you snap it. Duh....I first noticed this at golf tournaments.....how would any player know if you were snapping a picture mid-swing or otherwise if there was no sound?

But I get your point, you end up watching the show on their tablet more than live.....

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  9. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Don't know about other shows, but I feel like Cirque shows have camera detection down to a science. They either have people scanning around with night vision/thermals or have drones flying around looking for people with cameras. The ushers swoop in with the swiftness of ninjas...lol.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you even get your phone out to look at it, their radar goes up!

A tip of the hat to the Cirq folks.

11. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP...Hallelujah!!!...Vegas shows, Disney rides, firework shows, what is the deal with the obsessive need to record everything. Live in the moment and enjoy the shows. It's not like you're recording your children's play at school to share with their grandparents.

Love the idea of gathering all these people together and putting them in their own section. Maybe then they'd realize how annoying this can be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.