1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Recommendations for Buffets?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ju5tagt, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My two friends and I are coming into Vegas December 12th and since we have such varied eating habits (1 is Vegetarian), I'm thinking buffets would be our best bet. Can you give me your recommendations?? Any comments regarding the Rio? We are staying at TI.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Rio has simply one of the largest buffets anywhere. Selection will include pretty much everything, and quality is decent....you definitely get your money's worth. It is NOT by TI if that matters to you, you will need to drive or cab it. Right next to TI is the Mirage, which has a very good buffet. Its also not too far of a walk to Caesar's or the other direction to the Wynn both of which have some of the highest regarded buffets on the strip.

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Hands down, the best vegan buffet is at the Wynn. Seems Steve Wynn's new girlfriend convinced Steve to go that route and the buffet reflects that. Bear in mind, it will among your most costly of buffets.
    As I vegetarian (not vegan) myself, I can always find plenty of offerings at any high to middle-end Strip buffet. One of my faves is the middle-eastern section at PH, again a bit pricey.
    I recommend hitting buffets up at lunch for the lower price, because you see most everything they put out at night anyway, other than things like crab legs/prime rib.
    My value choice, and one that has plenty to keep a veg happy, is the Palms ($7.99 at lunch and $13.99 dinner with players card). Across the street at RIO, the price would at least be double and though the RIO has more selections, it isn't any better.
    Another hit for the vegs is any of the places that offer a teppanni (sp?) grill where things can be done to order. I've even used pasta stations for the same purpose and had great veg dishes.
    Methinks you have the right strategy in mind to keep all three of you happy. Sadly, the TI lacks a bit compared to other Vegas buffets. Try the Mirage next door instead.
    Bellagio is another top end buffet that would satisfy your tastes. If you insist on dinner, get into before the 3:30 and pay the lunch price (about $20). Shortly after 3:30 they'll put out a few extra things that may appeal to the meat/seafood eaters in yoru group.

4. Foos

Foos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, I hit the Palms buffet often since Chef recommended it to me.

Western Airlines "The Only Way To Fly"
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rio buffet is consistently good. Paris is a bit better, in my not so humble opinion. Flamingo has been good lately too, but was nasty for a while.

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%! I ate there a couple times with my sister who is a vegan and she loved it. Lots of options

7. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Main Street Station has an awesome salad bar

8. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might go to a higher end buffy.....take your choice of the better ones . That said I might invest a phone call to find out which of the ones better fit your friends dietary choices.

9. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking you out of the buffet mind set for a moment and giving you a great option for the vegetarian of the group and for the rest of the group to do also hands down, a must do. Friends of ours who live in Vegas picked us up to go to Pura and Vida for lunch which is a vegan focused restaurant. My friend's wife is a vegetarian while my wife and I are not but she loves her some salad. Needless to say I had my doubts initially.

Shocked the hell out of me that this type of food can be so flavorful. Don't know if you have a car or what a cab costs but a must do if you want to show the vegetarian in your group a great place that works for their eating habits.

Because I am a carnivore of the quasi husky type I decided it would better to get a few things to try since my assumption was this place would not be able to fill this steak eating ignoramous with veggies only. Wrong!

They have different daily specials but because I was in an area of eating where I had no knowledge I was going to keep it simple. I did their version of the grilled cheese called Just say Cheese with the cranberry chutney added to it and we shared the mayan bean salsa. Wife did the empanadas.

Here's the link:

http://www.puravidavegas.com/

Hope this helps.

10. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    + 1 for the Buffet at Paris, they have stations representing various food cultures, eg: Italian/Mexican etc.....

We have always had a good meal there!

11. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!!! We have a car so transportation is a non-issue. I have taken copious notes and really appreciate the guidance!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.