1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Receiving a package to hotel

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by celticnoel79, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im trying to find out if I can get a package delivered to me while im in Vegas. Im travelling from the UK and it would save me a ton in shipping costs to get the item delivered from the US to me here in the UK and also avoid those nasty customs charges :grrr:
    Im staying at Mandalay Bay but I cant seem to find a contact email address to ask the hotel directly if this would be possible and if so would there be a charge etc? I suppose I could call the hotel but I would rather avoid those long distance call charges, has anyone ever had a parcel sent to their hotel? We are low rollers paying full price for our 11 night stay so we dont have any host or anything that could sort this.
    Ay info appreciated, cheers :peace:

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have shipped to my hotel several times. Never an MGM property though. Just depends upon the hotel how they deal with it. At the Las Vegas Club, they had it behind the front desk. At the Gold Spike, they had it behind the front desk, but had opened it. At the Plaza, took them 2 days to find it. Never been charged for this service, but some places might.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do it, put some addtional information on the 2nd address line, like:

Hold for Mandalay Bay Reserv #123456
    or Guest Reserv # xxxxx,

If you are going to be there a few days, you can wait until you arrive and then pick 2 day shipping to get it to you.

4. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I recon that would be my best bet, cheers :thumbsup:

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had things shipped ahead to myself at MGM properties many times, and have never had a problem. The way that you should address the package is with the hotel name and address, then ATTN: YOUR NAME, and in big bold letters writting in magic marker above the address, write: PLEASE HOLD FOR GUEST ARRIVING (your arrival date). This tells them you are a guest of the hotel and your date of arrival, which they can check. If you just address it to your name, they have no way of knowing if you are an employee etc - this makes it much easier.

The package will end up in the hotel Business Center. Upon arrival you can either go down to the Business Center to retrieve it, or call and have it delivered to your room. PLEASE NOTE - MGM hotels do charge a "handling" fee for packages you receive at their properties. It depends on the size and weight. I have paid between $10 and $20 to receive large boxes I sent to myself at Aria and Bellagio, so it would be a good idea to call the Business Center in advance to find out if (and how much) Mandalay Bay will charge you to receive a package at the hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.