1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Receiving 2 comps for same trip

Discussion in 'Comps' started by djcoach, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcoach

djcoach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is my question I recieved a comp offer at caesar's that i have already booked in my name. My wife is coming with me and we both received an offer to another hotel within Caesar's properties that includes free entry into a tournament that we would both like to participate in.

My question is can we both reserve rooms at the other hotel and still participate in tourney if we have no intention of staying there? Also will they flag me since I reserved rooms already can I check into both hotels?

Meaning i will check into CP on Thursday for my 4 night comp. My other comp is for 3 nights starting Friday, Can i go check into the other hotel on friday without themstopping me so i can participate in the tourney?

Its very confusing how i wrote that so i will probably have to clarify when someone responds. Thanks

2. CYaInVegas

CYaInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried something similar once with the Boyd group was couldn't do it. Since you use the same player card you are linked in the system. BUT if you book one rezzie and she books the second one you may be OK since you would have 2 different player card numbers. But you both probably won't be playing in the tournament. I could be wrong on this. I don't stay at CET properties. In my opinion the only way to overlap bookings would be in different sysytems.

3. chevy

chevy Newbie

If you are on an "offer" from Caesar's (e.g. with free play or food) then my guess is no. Can't have two offers at the same time, etc.

On the other hand, if you just have a comped room booked through the website, you might be able to just call them and have them register you for the tournament only. On at least two occasions in past years, I had reservations at Caesar's Palace and then got the invite for the Winterfest slot tournament. I wanted to do the tournament, but stay at Caesar's (not one of the hotels on the tournament offer.). I called the tournament and they set me up with a tournament only entry with no additional hotel reservation. (I think this is common for locals)

4. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your wife will be able to make the tournament reservation, but you will be flagged and denied. When she registers for the tournament, she can list you as an alternate so you can also play her entry into the tournament, but you'll still have just one entry, not two.

5. djcoach

djcoach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the responses. I tried the approach of maybe getting into tournament without having to change my current reservation but they weren't interested. o well not a big loss still going to vegas so not all is bad. :beer:

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call them

I have had comped rooms at a better property & was still able to participate in the tournament! And DH was with me; I mentioned it was stupid to book 2 rooms when we only needed one. We stayed in our original rooms, and both were in the tourney.

7. djcoach

djcoach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    unfortunately I called them and they said no dice. Apparently when they took away whatver comps I had for the year in terms of hotel rooms, they figured I was not worth a spot in tourney and said no thank you to me. Like i said no biggie I wasn't gonna fight it, its not that important. Anyways we will see what offers come after this trip because it may not matter and may be trying new properties next time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.