1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Re-Rate Shopping Your Airfare?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zamboni, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else do this every few days? Both of the trips I have set up have both gone up significantly since I booked them. Gas prices maybe?

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are you talking about airfare? unless you're on SWA and can cancel and rebook, i don't see the reason to torture yourself if you can't do anything about it. sure it feels good if the price goes up, but you feel terrible if it goes down. either way you can't change it, so what's the point?

3. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do that with almost anything I buy. I booked my ticket a month ago and check it every few days. It is amazing how they fluctuate. I can find cheaper flights but with long layovers or sardine packed planes. Tough to take with 5 hours in the air. I booked early and splurged on first class. Now economy is paying about what I paid a month ago. I may not be able to do anything about it now but it does make me feel better about booking early. Plus I will have the airfare paid off on my credit card so I will arrive with a zero balance ready to run it up again.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep a look on airfare after I purchase it via Kayak and their email alerts. I mainly do this so I have an idea how low it could possibly get, which helps me for the next trip.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book through Expedia, I add the optional price assurance on for $26 a trip. If price goes down significantly, I can cancel and rebook. I am finding though the prices have been going way up and I am actually getting a good deal. I plan my trips WAY in advance, I work in a large factory and need to plan accordingly to make sure I get the time off.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  6. Aero

Aero Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would never do this... what's the point? There is nothing to gain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.