1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

??? Re: discount restaurant sites

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by burdog, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Nov 28, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never used Groupon, Restaurant.com, or Travelzoo. Yes I am old fashioned, don't even have a smart phone, LOL. I have several questions for anybody that has used these.
    1. After payment, do they just send you a voucher in the mail, or can you get them via e-mail?
    2. How far in advance of your trip should order them?
    3. Has any restaurant ever denied use of any coupon/voucher?
    4. Do you like them?

Thank you all.
  2. g-didi

g-didi Low-Roller

Jun 23, 2008
    Ontario Canada
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. you usually get a voucher in your Groupon account or by email that you print out. Some allow you to just show the voucher (Groupon) on your smartphone. There will be instructions on how to redeem - some things require reservation etc

2. When you see the deal on, check when the deal expires. If it suits your needs, buy it. Some deals have limited quantities.

3. Never been denied a voucher redemption. Once a business closed before I could get my voucher redeemed - one email and I got a credit (or could have chose a refund.)

4. Yes I like them - used them for food, oil changes, hair cuts, city tours etc etc.

Just read the terms and conditions very carefully - there are usually time limits on redemption, or dinner only etc.
  3. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Sep 1, 2010
    Trips to Las Vegas:

Love them (both Groupon and Restaurant.com) .... have used approx 30-40 in the last year!
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Sep 11, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use Restaurant.com a lot and have never had a problem unless we misread "when valid" fine print.:wink2:

Sign up your email and they send you a notice when they are having a sale, which is every month. Pick a restaurant and print the coupon at home. We also buy them for the different cities we visit and if plans change, they are easy to redeem for a credit. The same if a restaurant goes out of business.

Just a note, some of the places exclude alcohol in the total purchase price, so read the fine print.
  5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Sep 18, 2006
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remember that most of these deals require a party of two or more, I have found few solo dining coupons.

As for Groupon, I have used this site twice for discounted airport parking and I just bought a third parking coupon for an upcoming trip.
  6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Mar 22, 2012
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    They work great, but make sure you read the fine print, and make sure you will meet the requirements. Especially with resturaunt.com you usually have to spend a certain amount to use it. Also with resturaunt.com check google, there is usually a promo code to get them even cheaper.

I'd sign up for the Vegas Groupon deals, as those come and go daily, but you can use them for a while after.

There is no specific time you need to buy them, just make sure the expiration is within the time frame of your trip.

They are great, but only buy it if you really want to try the place. I've bought some and never ended up using em! Also remember these aren't the most popular places obviously, thats why it's on sale!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.