1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Random Friend Requests

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by BlueSkadoo, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep getting these random "friend requests" on FB. I suppose they are finding me because I am a member of a MyVegas group that I use to keep up on news about the game. I don't know these people from Adam, so I'm not interested in being their friend. Will something happen if I deny them? I read in that group about people going in "Facebook jail" and that's not really something I want to experience!!

2. Andy the Baker

Andy the Baker Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as i know, the Facebook Jail is not applied to you, but to those that are requesting you to be their friend. It's a way for Facebook to try and keep it as a social network, instead of people adding other players to get higher bonus. Normally, they only send requests to those that are interested - the group i am part of have a comment where you put your name if you are interested. As it's not going to affect you, you'd be fine just rejecting these. Or if you feel like it, you can just ignore the requests - which is a bit annoying

3. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When rejecting a friend request facebook will ask if you if you know them outside of facebook. If you click on no they can go to FB Jail where they can't add or send friend requests.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think part of the issue is that FB will recommend you as a friend to people if you have mutual friends. They also recommend people to you that you have no obvious connection to. I would really hate if people end up in FB jail if they are trying to friend you based on their recommendation.

5. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deny them as a friend if you wish, but please don't answer that question about knowing them outside facebook. You signed up for the group and added friends, so don't screw them over because they are now trying to get friends. Also make sure you don't have your name in one of the add me threads in those pages.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had these happen to me. Especailly from those people who you can tell have multiple account and always ask for friends for themselves and about 3-4 other's at the same time. I just deny their request and don't answer the outside of FB question, but it is annoying since I don't ask for new friends.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.