1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Raiding the Rock Vault

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by bignig135, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had been eagerly anticipating this show for ages and weren't disappointed! The basic premise is that ex members of famous rock bands play cover versions of some of the greatest classic rock songs of all time.
    Not only did the band seem to really enjoy their time on stage and the crowds reaction, but they breathed new life into old standards such as My Generation, Honky Tonk Woman, Heartbreaker and Juke Box Hero. They also played a lot of my favourite songs such as Livin' On A Prayer, Here I Go Again, Jump and Highway To Hell.
    All of the vocalists were tremendous and there is a new member called Carol- Lyn who has a fantastic powerhouse voice! The 2 lead guitarists were also outstanding and received deserved standing ovations.
    As we left, I turned to my wife and said " that was incredible!" , to which she replied, " Well, yes and no?" What she meant was that if you could choose your perfect playlist of all time then it would easily have been the best show we had ever seen and going to shows of all types is our main hobby, we've been to hundreds.
    On reflection, they didn't play anything by 3 of my all-time favourite groups/ rock musicians - Springsteen, Meatloaf or Bryan Adams, but to be fair if you tried to fit in every great rock song you'd have to have a show several hours long! Apparently they do alter the setlist regularly though.
    I would still recommend this as an unmissable event and we will definitely return on our next trip to Vegas, half price tickets available at Tix4 Tonite and we were moved forward as it was midweek and not busy. A real bargain!

2. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, this is one fantastic show, very fun. I'm planning to see it again when I go in April. Mickey Thomas of Starship was a guest when I went (I chose that night when I saw he would be there) and he knocked it out of the park as well.

Well done show, and a hellova lotta fun!
    diane

3. kevgret

kevgret Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm seeing this in late February.. scored front half off tickets.. I hear nothing but good things about this show so I can't wait to check it out..

thanks for the review.

4. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i am sure i would enjoy this show since i like 80's band and rock of ages also.

did they play some def lep?

5. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there was a Def Lep track played, not being a huge fan though, I think it was Lets Get Rocked? Certainly one of the many highlights though!

6. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw it back in March last year and loved it. Saw Joe Lynn Turner on stage, so as a Rainbow fan, that was awesome!

7. marillo

marillo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, amazing show, we've been there last june, we got 2for1 tickets and we met Robin McAuley & Andrew Freeman after the show for some pics !!!

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad to hear it. My husband is super excited to go. I'm super excited to know there are 2/1's out there for it. I just hope my husband doesn't insist on eating at the buffet at Hilton. He was a sloppy drunken mess last time we ate there. (all the beer and wine you can get in you is included in the buffet price :nono: )

9. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw the show last May and loved it. In September we went to Rock of Ages and my wife was disappointed thinking it was going to be the same type of show. I reminded her that at Raiding the Rock Vault they were giving Tracii Guns a hard time saying his previous job was on a soap opera. I think we are going again in March.
    Mark

10. oaktownjc

oaktownjc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    raiding

sorry, being honest...saw Santana at hob and the next night Raiding the Rock Vault. I should have gone to Rock Vault 1st. R.V. was a good show, a lot of great 70's and 80's hits, well done. I'm a big Led Zeppelin fan and the guitarist Doug Aldrich formerly from Whitesnake killed(in a good way), Stairway To Heaven...wicked work. Shout out to Howard Leese from Heart and Bad Co. too. Great guitar work. In the end though, it was a cover band....sorry. Took the tram from the Quad, easy trip, autograph signings after the show...nice folks....
    Carlos Santana moved me, great venue, (house of blues) great set and an O.G. ROCKER.....I FOUND MYSELF DANCING IN THE ISLE!!! and that is unusual for me. I'm glad I went out of my way to hear Carlos....

11. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to see this a few weeks ago, but I'm def going next month.

Wish Tracii Guns was still in it

12. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think comparing this to Santana is not really fair. Raiding the Rock Vault yes, is a cover band and advertises that way. Show is much cheaper. I can't wait to see it. Would also love to see Santana in Vegas.

13. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope to try this out soon!

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it assigned seating or general?

15. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was assigned. I tipped the usher and was moved further up.

16. njude1971

njude1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are looking forward to going to this show in September.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.