1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

raiding the rock vault, compare the trop show with the lvh show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by kitson, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

the review that was posted under another thread was sort of amusing, the reviewer had never seen the show during however many years it was at the lvh, and there just did not seem to be much substance to the review.

i saw the show either three or four times at lvh, it is that good, in my opinion, if you like the music of the era. i saw it both before and after they added the female vocalist. i then got to see the show, mid november this year at the tropicana, and i have some thoughts on it, but am wondering if the underwhelming atmosphere of the trop...not to say the lvh was that great, had me in a bad mood by show time.

so, have been waiting for breanna to post her review of the show, and if there are any others who saw the show in both places, i would love to have you all post before i do.

the next time i go back, in february, will probably go again, the times i have went when the female vocalist performed, my wife was not along, and after the first time hearing her, told the bride that what had been missing had been added.

2. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen it in both places. Loved it the first time at the Westgate so was a tiny bit disappointed that they didn't do all the songs at the Tropicana that they did there but.... I still loved it at the Tropicana and really liked the lighting special effects. This is a show I would happily see every time I'm in Vegas!

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Kitson, I didn't see the show at LVH so can't compare the two venues. I absolutely loved the show and plan to see it again on my next trip. The concert was 2 hours long, great musicians and vocals, high energy, great lighting effects. There isn't a bad seat in the theatre. The theatre wasn't full when I attended Dec 12....I feel a full theatre would add to the experience. This was one of the best shows I've seen in Vegas in years. I hope it does well at Tropicana.

4. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

thanks breanna! i do not think i ever saw it in a full theatre either, though when they would move us forward at the lvh it made it seem fuller...i try to see it every time, and even though i think most of the changes are positive, the tropicana itself was kind of a downer for me that night while waiting for the show.

the positive changes...the really really really lame storyline that they had at the lvh to carry between songs has been replaced by just a lame storyline.

the female vocalist was a nice addition, but featuring the guitarist from heart with her when she does the heart song is really good, as was her "duet" with the whitesnake guitarist.

they could start the show with stairway to heaven, imo, and just skip the doors and probably find a different who song at the beginning, maybe the start only drags for me because i am just younger than the time when those songs were popular, but after they get rolling through the songs of my teens and early adulthood, it is a great show.\

i heartily recommend this show, and hope they can keep it open and start getting better crowds, on the strip should help, but still think the tropicana is a marginal place for a showroom, nice as it is.

5. RaidingtheRockVault

RaidingtheRockVault Newbie

Thanks all for your kind words!

6. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since someone else resurrected this thread, I just wanted to say I agree with this statement. I just got back from Vegas and this was probably my favorite of the six shows I saw (in a four day trip) - my one complaint, like yours, is that the show starts kind of slow without a lot of energy, but really builds momentum in the second half.

It's almost funny that when Paul Shortino came out to do his first song, the second song of the show, he really didn't seem to care and had the dance moves of present-day Mick Jagger (i.e. shuffling around like he has severe arthritis). He definitely got more into the songs later on in the show and gave a great performance overall, but the start was unfortunately tepid for what ends up as a very high energy show.

7. downtowndonna

downtowndonna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Westgate last year just to watch the show as tickets came with the hotel booking. Unfortunately, the show was on a weeklong hiatus, so I missed it. I'm going at the end of April, and looking at tickets now. They have 3 seating options. To those who have seen it at the Trop, where would you suggest? Is it worth buying the VIP tickets? I just bought LVA coupon book, and that includes 45% off tickets.

8. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you will be sitting at a table or booth ....great view! I was at the Trop, in January, and bought the Rockstar package , well worth it .....going again in April and bought Groupon VIP :) Love that show; have fun!

9. martinr

martinr High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got tickets on Groupon for a Friday night show next month. Since there are no reserved seats, and I won't be able to get to the Trop box office until right before the show, will I be looking at less than good seats? I have seen comments stating that there are "no bad seats", which I take with a grain of salt. I purchased the "Preferred" grade tickets. Anybody know what that means exactly? It's not the most expensive level. But, it should have some benefit. Input anyone?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
  10. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The venue is small enough , that every seat is a fantastic seat....... the sound and lights are phenomenal ...... prepare yourself to be up on your feet , dancing, n groovin! the whole 2 hrs

11. downtowndonna

downtowndonna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait, I'm getting the VIP tickets. I just love rock concerts! Staying in LV an extra week just to go to Rock n Rio

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to see this again in May; purchased tickets on Groupon today.

13. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100_1502.jpg

Picture of the Trop Showroom from the stage looking back , there are about 10 tables , then about 10 booths , for VIP and Rockstar packages, general seating behind that. Every seat is a good seat

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.