1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quickest Car Rental Pick-up?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by IHeartDancers, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IHeartDancers

IHeartDancers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeing how it's 2016 and the Era of the Smartphone. Are there any rental companies at the LVS Airport that will allow you to quickly check-in? That way I can speed up the car pick up process?

Anyone follow what i'm getting at?

2. Chuckberry1

Chuckberry1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may not follow what you're getting at. But I'm a Blue Chip member with Thrifty, which is free. I go straight downstairs to the Thrifty kiosk once at the rental car center, look for my name on the computer screen out front, see which space my car is in, and off I go.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smartphones don't have much to do with it. You need to join the frequent renter programs. Some speed up check in, others let you go straight to your car. Companies like Alamo with check in kiosks are faster too.

4. Fligster

Fligster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    national was testing a new virtual exit process I used last rental in Vegas (February). You picked your car and then used their app on the phone to scan the bar code. You still had to stop for the person to verify you, but it was quicker. Hopefully they improve the program and provide a self serve exit.

15th Anniversary Trip
    Pink17 ITSM Conference
  5. noleman

noleman Newbie

If you are a Hertz Gold Member, Hertz will send an email to you just as your flight lands letting you know what stall your vehicle is in. It's not meaningfully quicker as your name will also be on the member board as you exit the rental facility into the garage. There are some ultra-premium Hertz programs where they will bring the car to curbside for you as you exit baggage claim -- I've never used this in Vegas, so I don't know if it's offered there.

6. IHeartDancers

IHeartDancers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So with these membership programs, I don't have to wait in line with 50 other people waiting to pick up their cars? I rented a car 8 years ago and it was absolutely dreadful! I think we waited for nearly 2 hours before we could get our car.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I'm with Dollar and you proceed directly downstairs. The paperwork is already filled out and a car assigned. Possible to still be a short wait, but nothing like the cattle call line upstairs.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep... most of the big companies have had process in place for years where you just walk to your car and go. No lines. Just go.

9. spicole

spicole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, that's correct. I almost always rent through Avis. They practically just throw the keys at you as you walk on by - very fast.

10. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am an Alamo Insider. I just check in On Line before I fly to Vegas and I go straight to the car when I arrive in Vegas.

11. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, what s/he said!

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  12. bighouse304

bighouse304 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I book one of these companies through a third party site like priceline, etc can I still use the "straight to car" options or must I book directly from the company?

13. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book direct with the rental company so I am not able to answer that question but I would contact the rental company directly and ask them.

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The only time I've done third party was through Autoslash which took my membership info and gave me a reservation I could manage directly. I don't know if it would work when you do a price bid on Priceline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.