1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LV Terry, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

My Trip Report

So my wife and I got away for an emergency vegas trip last week... just a couple of nights away to our favorite place.

Dropped the kids off at school Monday morning, dropped their supplies off with the grandparents, and we were on the road by 9am. I tried to "be like Hunter", and do a hundred on pearblossom, but, I just don't have the nuts.. hahaha what can I tell you, I've become cautious in my old age...plus the Expedition doesn't exactly come with a racing suspension. I always get a kick out of turning to the second set of FM presets and having them actually work. Vegas has a lot of good radio stations. I also love opening the sunroof for the expanded view of the Strip. All good.

We had a Petite Suite at TI, which was really nice, especially the jacuzzi tub for two. It also had a view of the largest adult store I have ever seen...from the room that thing looked as big as a Costco! hahaha

We ate dinner that night at The Melting Pot (http://www.meltingpot.com) in Summerlin. We have been trying to get to one of those for a while, and were not dissapointed. Very unique and tasty. I'd recommend it. There is a second one just about to open in Green Valley.

While we were there we also ate a really nice lunch at Mon Ami Gabi, and dinner at the Mirage buffet.

We had three gambling sessions, all at the Mirage. Poker for me, and blackjack for her. We both came out ahead all three sessions, which was great. Of course, for me, playing 3/6 holdem, I was walking away with like fourty or fifty a shot, while my wife, playing ten dollar blackjack, was hitting it for a black chip or two each time.

Yes, Yes, we went to Bed Bath and Beyond.... actually, this time it was furniture shopping.... whatever.. hahahaha

All in all, it was exactly what a quick getaway with your wife should be.

That's it... now... on to the madness...... canabrothagetacountdown?

2. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The countdown has left the gate. Be prepared, be VERY prepared!

Nice trip to get away. We do the same thing locally, and the last one (not including meals and hotel) cost me a ton. New shoes, 300 bucks in groceries, new bed sheets, AND an Ipod nano for her valentines gift. That definitely cost more than my March Madness trip will.

3. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you could make the getaway, sounds like you needed it. BTW, thanks for rubbing it in (in real time) that you were in the Mirage card room. That was nice.

4. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip Terry. I'm still not sure about the stop at BBB - even with the wife :rolleyes2: . Now you must focus & please start your training soon. Coming into MM nearly dry for six months can be a shock to your liver. :drunk:

5. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Not Nearly dry... the temple is Pure baby! Let the defiling begin!!

:jester:

6. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh No

Frank the Tank is back in the building. Be afraid be VERY afraid.

Baz...Ipod nano wow. Small little suker, I am afraid I would break it. I keep asking for tiVo but I don't think it is coming yet.

Come on Ron you know you love BBB dont worry I wont tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.