1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick Reno trip 11/29 - 11/30 (possibly live)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by FXT, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

One of my good friends is a pilot and he offered to fly us out to Reno for a 1 night trip. Who was I to say no? I quickly booked us a room at ElDorado so looks like we'll be heading out this Sat (11/29) around noon and coming back the next day sometime in the evening. This will be my second trip to Reno. First time around, fiance and I stayed at the Peppermill and loved it. This time I wanted to check out the downtown area. Fiance agreed to stay at home and watch the dogs :thumbsup: so looks like it'll be a boys trip.

Plan is to grab lunch there and then drink and gamble until we both hit million dollar jackpots :evillaugh. I'll try to keep this thread live with pics depending on service. :beer:

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been at ElDo for the past three weekends.
    Remember to stop by the crap table and say hi to my friends Kim and Bart.
    Be sure to check out Brew Brothers, it's usually got good things to look at :evillaugh
    If you find yourself awake at 2am, go over to Cal-Neva and shoot some dice, lol.

Palace Tower Suite!
  3. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will hit them up. What are the table minimums there for craps and roulette?

Also since you've a regular to Reno, what kind of play is required to get the room comped off? Any places we should eat? deals?

I'm relatively low rolling this trip because I have a Vegas trip next month and I just paid for our wedding venue. Probably going to stick to .25 VP, low limit poker and table minimum craps/roulette unless going higher has a guarantee of getting great comps.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 tables abound...I think roulette is probably $5 minimum inside? (I don't really play it, so I'm not sure)
    To get a room comped off on the backend, I dunno..I know they don't comp worth shit, lol, so probably a lot more play than you wanna give them?
    ElDo has a good bank of Video Poker right by the poker room (if you're sitting at them, you'll look up and see a big projection screen)
    Also, ElDo has GREAT drink service at the crap tables, plus they have the $1 minimum Shoot-To-Win craps...if I wasn't going to San Diego this weekend, I'd go up there and party with ya...lol.
    If you've never been a card holder, definitely take advantage of the new signup promotion (earn 200 points, get a free buffet)

Palace Tower Suite!
  5. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Right on, that's the info I needed. Never been a card holder so I'll definitely grab it for the buffet and sounds like the limits are low.

6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    only way to go to Reno and lake tahoe is to fly in on a private plane.

have fun and win lots of money

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree! walk out of plane and through Signature Jet Services, and voila, you're at your limo.

Palace Tower Suite!
  8. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea the 5 hour drive each way sucked last time.

9. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn traffic sucks..
    From Sac its 1.5 hours...

Palace Tower Suite!
  10. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked at Peppermill and they're offering $99 charter flights from San Jose to Reno with transportation to and from the resort. I might have to go to Reno more often if they up the dates on those.

Tim, do you know how Eldorado accumulates points? I can't seem to find anything on their website or others in regards to how much coin in for VP = 1 point. It says 125 daily points gives you gold+ so I can only assume its some absurd coin in.

11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It IS an absurd coin-in amount for video poker..I mean they have GOOD video poker on that one bank (progressive 9/6 DDB, 8/5 ACE$, 9/6 JoB, etc)
    Don't worry about a Gold+...I've been a member for years, and I never knew what it took...but one day I GOT Gold+ and I have been using (read: raping them, lol) the free weekly buffet often.
    If you want to get the most comps..play UTH there, they comp WELL for it...however, they don't comp worth crap for craps and video poker.
    The best buffet downtown IS Eldorado, for sure.
    Depending on how my san diego trip goes (read: If I hit a $2 royal, lol), I may run up there on saturday, haha.

Palace Tower Suite!
  12. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure about back end comps, but when I visited Reno back in June I played for maybe an hour at Eldorado. If I remember correctly it was some quarter VP and I low rolled a few slots. I lost about $100 I think, and left. I have been getting mailers for 3 nights comped Sun-Thur and a wee bit of FP and food credit for every month ever since, along with some tournaments and other odds and ends. They also sent me a gold card, so I don't think it takes all that much to make gold and for what I played the offers are surprisingly good.

I love Reno! Have a blast!

13. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, ElDo is weird like that..to get you to come back that FIRST time, they'll try EVERYTHING...but once you come back that FIRST time, then they REALLY cut back...
    I play pretty solid there..(obviously, I'm Gold+), but only get Sun-Thur 2 nights...useless

Palace Tower Suite!
  14. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. I went back last month and didn't even go downtown. I stayed and played at Atlantis where I managed sat/sun free and Monday for cheap putting together 2 offers. Peppermill offers have been best, but I haven't been able to take them up on one yet. I'm hoping they don't dry up too soon as NH to Reno is not an easy trip, and I don't know when I can pull another one off.

Sure would be nice to be close enough for a charter flight :) Or a non-stop flight. Hell, SWA won't even go from Reno to New Hampshire!

Looking forward to your report FXT, live or after the fact!

15. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weather might force us to move our flight to tonite instead of tommorow afternoon. Who am I to say no to another night of craps and vp?

16. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    really????
    Fuck, I just hit Vegas, and its perfect!

Palace Tower Suite!
  17. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lucky!

18. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother decided to join us too. Omw to the airport now while my buddy does his flight plan.

19. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Up up and away

20. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ice over Sacramento so we had to change flight plan to sac intl airport . Taking a rental car rest of way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.