1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nyc, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyc

nyc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So a couple of questions...

I made my first trip out to Vegas this summer and got platinum status with mlife (played at Aria). I've now received two offers. One was from today from ARIA:

$300 Resort Credit
    Three Complimentary Nights in an Innovative Suite
    Sky Suites Check-In and Limousine Transportation to and from the Airport
    Two Complimentary Tickets to Zarkana™ by Cirque du Soleil®, Opening November 1st

One is from mlife from a couple of weeks ago -

Book now at ARIA and you'll enjoy:

Complimentary Suite for Three Nights
    Complimentary Food & Beverage for Two
    Two Complimentary Tickets to Any MGM Resorts Show

I contacted my host about coming and he didn't say anything specific about the offers, but just asked about when I want to come and the such and where I want reservations and tickets. He didn't explicitly say what would be comped.

Last time I came he also didn't say what would be comped but when I got there the reception said I was in for the room comped (this was based on front money and a host in AC vouching for me).

Anyways, I have two questions:

1. Should I be insisting on knowing what is comped upfront? I don't want to offend the guy by being too aggressive on this especially since he seems laid back. Reading this forum and all about "negotiating" with your host, though, has made me wonder if I'm doing this wrong...

2. If I were to book an offer, the first general "mlife" offer is clearly better, right?

Thanks!

2. nyc

nyc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I say first offer, I meant first in time, second in my post (the general mlife offer). Can't figure out how to edit, so sorry for the confusion.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MLife offer is better, yes, because of the extra RFB. The $300 resort credit you're getting in the other offer is a one time thing -- RFB for 2 is pretty much every day, although I've heard it maxes out at $350 a day.

As far as confirming with your host, if you want to know what he booked, you could just call VIP services (not the host) and ask to confirm, then ask what they have you down for. If it's not equal to the offer you've got from MLife, I'd call the host and ask him to match that.

I've done this before. My first trip using a host he booked me. Then I got my MLife offer and it was better. I called him, he looked up the offer, and gave me that offer in about a minute. This is a guy I'm still with and have a good relationship with.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, confirm what you are getting. And yes, get an upfront offer with suite.

And... in future posts, we know you have a question. Include a few more words in the title.

And,... you can not edit something you have posted until you reach a certain level of posts here.

And... just trying to be helpful, but you will be well served to scroll though postings here from the past few weeks. You will learn alot.

And, if you made PLAT in one trip, they will really do alot to get you back there.

5. nyc

nyc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice, guys. Sounds like the host actually took care of it once I called again and tried to confirm a bit more aggressively (I was calling to talk to him but he's out today). He actually went above and beyond the mlife offer from what it sounds like.. sky suite, $750 per day credit, limo ride and cirque tickets... VERY psyched.

I read through posts for a while before posting on my own - so that was extremely helpful..

Any suggestions as to good places at Aria to have lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to help blow through that F&B credit? We're doing dinners at Jean Georges, Masa and American Fish, and I've heard Julian Serrano is good for a lunch. I've also heard the Bellagio has a 'legendary' buffet so I guess we should check that out one day... any advice for the other day (or anything we should do differently?)

Does the F&B credit work for room service or drinks at a bar/lounge like Deuce?

Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes, F&B includes all the bars and restaurants and room service and pool food/drink service. You only pay the tips.

$750 a day is very, very good.

7. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good hook-up. Julian Serrano is a very good lunch place. I'd also recommend Lemongrass for a good lunch. If you're going to be dining off-property and charging it to your Aria room, make sure you clear that with your host. Your mileage sometimes varies with that...but if you're getting a $750 per day RFB, I doubt you'll have any problem.

As for RFB credit at bars and room service...absolutely. Furthermore, you can clear out the mini-bar daily if you'd like.

8. nyc

nyc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info! Really psyched about this..

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there are often places that are excluded from RFB. you should ask your host about any exclusions. i know that at Aria, Bar Masa is excluded from RFB because of the high cost. clubs/lounges are also excluded because bottle service can get very expensive. that doesn't mean that this stuff won't be picked up, but it will be based on your play that trip and any available comps. it won't just be comped off based on your RFB upfront. i'm not sure if Deuce is considered one of the clubs/lounges that aren't included, but again, just ask your host about it. the more info you get upfront, the better decisions you can make.

10. waspie

waspie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter that’s interesting – I didn’t know that Bar Masa wasn’t automatically covered. We had dinner there last month and that was taken care of at checkout.

To the OP, if you're after a Japanese meal, I'd actually suggest Shibuya at MGM over Masa.

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry i was actually talking about the Shaboo place inside Bar Masa that was excluded from RFB. it used to run at least $350/pp, which is why. but i guess they took it out a while back and replaced it with Tetsu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.