1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question on already booked rooms for October Stay

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by drewtotheski, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drewtotheski

drewtotheski Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'll be honest...I didn't read the new "Limit 1 per player per trip" language in the T&C of the offers and booked a One Comp night at NYNY for a Saturday 10/31 and a One Comp Night (Bonus Dates) at Mandalay Bay for Friday 10/30 (both were purchased on 6/8 just before the weekend comps disappeared).

I have a bad feeling now that my Saturday night comp room at NYNY may magically disappear after I check in on Friday at MB...has anyone had any experience with this? I get the no multiple bookings for back to back nights, regardless of the property (which sucks because we are staying at Mirage soon and would love to book another night at the same property...especially considering how much we spend on drinks, food, and shows there).

Am I going to be turned away on Saturday night when I go to check-in? Just frustrating, especially considering that the rep I spoke with didn't mention a thing when I booked both nights (gave my mLife #, confirmations, etc.). Figured I'd try to find an answer to this now instead of before showing up and having to try and smile my way out of finding lodging that 2nd night...

2. newwave73

newwave73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a significant other or someone else you are traveling with that booked the 2nd night you will have no problems. But if the rewards are both in your name they are pretty strict about the one night in 30 days thing now. You would have to pay for the 2nd night. Also, I used to be able to book Comp Mlife Stays and then myVegas Rewards. You now have to have 72 hours between Mlife Comp stays and myVegas stays. You are better off just calling and canceling the NYNY Reward and finding out now how much they could give you the Room night for.

3. drewtotheski

drewtotheski Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's kind of what I was afraid of, given the recent updates and all I can find...love how, again, the agent who booked the rooms for me/redeemed the rewards had no problem booking the back to back nights without a mention of the restriction. I only just noticed it since I booked the Mirage for my upcoming trip. I'll give them a call in a week or so after my next trip this weekend to see what they "suggest".

Not looking forward to having to 1) be out 115K or so for the reward and 2) having to pay +/-$200 for 10/31 (would just cancel the trip, but have show tickets as well).

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their system shouldn't have allowed you to reserve the room when you called to book it. Unless one of the 2 hotels calls you and says there is a issue, I wouldn't worry about it.

And If you are worries about it, I would book a cancelable back up and hold on to that in case you think they might call to cancel one of the room rewards you booked. If they don't, cancel 48-72 hours before arrival, then go enjoy your trip.

5. michele14

michele14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are OK - the system usually does not allow you to purchase the reward. But to be on the safe side I would call ASAP to see if you will be able to use both just in case you need to make other arrangements since that is Halloween weekend and I am sure it will be busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.