1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question for the VMB techno geniuses on upgrading my iphone.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I am trying to save everything from my iphone 4s in the icloud - I have had this phone for over a year but have ignored the cloud because I am not techno savvy and the whole cloud thing annoys me. But I am getting ready to upgrade to a 6. I am pretty proud of myself cause I think I am part way there. I opened my icloud on my chromebook and all my contacts are there. My photos are not there even though I upgraded my icloud on the phone but is says I have to have an IOS of 8.1 or greater. I know I have found this info on my phone before but I cannot seem to locate it. It won't be the end of the world if I don't have my photos but I really want to make sure my i-tunes I have bought and my apps will transfer over to the new phone. My itunes should just come over when I set i-tunes up on my same ID But what about all my apps -- some I purchased for a few bucks.. Especially my videopoker wizard -- I need that one. Any suggestions????

Thanks, Val

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your apps should load fine. If you log in to the iTunes Store and go to the previously purchased tab you will see all the apps you've previously added to your phone. You can choose which ones to add, or not. If you paid for any you won't have to pay again.

Regarding your photos, if you sync'ed your old phone with iTunes, that's where they'll be for downloading to the new phone. Once you get your new phone set up, re-sync with iTunes, choose what you want loaded on your phone, music, movies, photos of those $20K Royals you hit last year, or of the piles of cash you used to have.... I've switch several business iPhones and iPads and haven't had a single problem. Oh, I'm 59 and learned to program FORTRAN with punched cards. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can!

3. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks, I was a little worried last time I switched from my Samsung to the Iphone I lost a lot. I just updated my old phone and was a little leary because the last time I downloaded an upodate my phone froze and I had to take it to the sprint store in a neighboring town. We use a program at work for charting called Meditech, which is a POS, user unfriendly etc., I always get called to help the doctors put in orders. So I have to figure things out. I should have asked my tecnonerd son for help but he speaks in terms that I don't understand -- pretty sure he does it on purpose. Plus he is a big windows/and microsoft fan and trashes Apple all the time. But he did suggest Apple for my husband and I because it is simple. As in we are too stupid to use the "other" products.

Wish I had some photos of royals -- But this trip, I feel it.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    G'Damn! LoL
    Is it bad that I'm 32 and I know what that is??

Palace Tower Suite!
  5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know this guy? Haha
    http://www.chron.com/news/article/xx-4459714.php

6. Piggylane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim, feel honored!

One EMP and we are back to making chads again.

My first programming was on a DEC PDP8 which had 8 inch floppy disks. Wrote assembly language to calculate the weight of air in a 125 foot diameter steel reactor containment. Can't get much geekier than that!

7. Piggylane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easier to type on than an iPhone 5S!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.