1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about United baggage claim

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ND80, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my previous trips to Vegas my baggage was always in terminal 1. I understand United now uses terminal 3 for baggage claim. My flight is coming to gate D50. How do I get to baggage claim in terminal 3? Also, on a side note, I assume that the limo I hired for the trip to my hotel will know to come to terminal 3. Correct? Thanks!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a tram from the D gates to Terminal 3. It is opposite of the tram that goes to Terminal 1.

And the driver will know that United baggage claim is at Terminal 3. They will go by your flight number and will know that way.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of signs in the airport.

4. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Baggage

There are signs all over the place for baggage claim, as well as just follow the crowd. yes your driver will know where you should be, typically if they are not at the bottom of the escalator they will find you at your carousel.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Follow the signs...20 minutes later you'll be at baggage claim. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but not much. It's a long walk.

7. suecasey

suecasey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it's a long walk. First you go to the tram, which is next to the tram going to Terminal 1 baggage. But when you exit the tram in Terminal 3, that's when the walk to the baggage carousels begins.

When I got there after my trip in May, it was also a long walk from the baggage area to where the limo was parked. They have the lanes blocked off for taxis, and pedestrians have to walk all the way to the end, cross over, and then walk the whole distance back again to get to where my limo was. I wrote to the airport and complained about this. I'll find out whether they did anything about it in September when I fly again.

I hate Terminal 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.