1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Total Rewards offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nsideirish, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my Comped room for March Madness pretty far in advance. I continued to get pretty great offers ($400 free play, $500 food credit, spa credit, tickets, etc.) but they were only for weekends outside of March Madness. I just chalked it up to that being such a busy weekend that they don't need to make big offers to lure people.

However, I was thinking--did I get no offers for that weekend because they saw I was already booked? The reason I ask is because I am planning a trip for August 16-19. Right now, I have comped rooms across the all properties on the rates calendar. But I am thinking--should I wait off on booking one of those comped rooms for a few months to see if I get an offer with some solid free play or whatever for that weekend?

Would I still get any offers for that weekend if I book a room now? If so, could I just tack on whatever is being offered to me onto my regular reservation?

2. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it matters. Nobody is looking at that before they send you a offer. I usually have many trips booked and it never stopped the offers from comming.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. They will block the period when you are booked when they send offers. There were too many people already booked trading up in the past and they realized they were wasting energy on them instead of getting real new reservations. So if you book for August now, there is a decent chance you won't get offers for that time. I would wait if you can. For a higher level player, they should be rolling out more summer offers soon.

4. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Cinnamint. I booked before March 1 for the first weekend in May. I subsequently received several appealing offers for my exact dates. I just asked my host to tack the offer onto my existing reservation. I already have reservations in both August and November and I am not worried about not getting offers that coincide with my dates that I can add.

5. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, your offers are not based on whether you have already booked a reservation or not. Sometimes, it takes awhile for your offers which reflected your prior action.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this...I often get a mailed "offer" for dates when I already have a reservation.

7. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And my experiences are just the opposite. We use CET in both LV and AC. For the dates I have booked in Vegas, I've received my best offers for Atlantic City knowing darn well I can't use them. CET looks great with their offers without risking you using them. This is all automated and it would be no problem for the programmed parameters to issue offers based upon info like this, such as existing reservations, or ADT, or length of time since you last visited a property, or your gaming preferences. I know I would, and I'm a systems analyst, and I program to target specifics in my work.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

If that's the case why not just game the system? Book dates in Vegas when you want to go to AC and vice versa. Then just wait for the good offer and book it while canceling the original reservation.

9. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll have to try that.

10. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually get offers locally(AC) within 60 - 14 days prior to the offer date.
    Currently I have no offers beyond April.
    Normally Vegas offers come two months in advance I have offers up until June.
    There have been times I'm booked on an offer for a location and get a better one and I either call to change via phone or I get my host to change it.
    Personally, I think they just send offers out with no regard to what you you've booked. I think they're based on your play or lack of.

11. PeterNY

PeterNY Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My CET offers are typically very random. Consequently I do not rely on them and just book free rooms when I need them. I miss out on some special deals (show tickets, free / match play) but planning a trip is stressful enough as it is (vacation days, flights and so on). :evillaugh

12. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for posting. I have had offers through July at their top tier properties for the past two months. I had booked August lower tier rooms and wanted to book and better offer but I have not received the offers.

I canceled my August reservations and hope to get my offers restored in August.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said here often, you do NOT have to rely on offers. Try to book a room using the rate calendar.

14. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never had offers until I reached platinum in a day in August and turned on my mail with CET. My calendar for August showed comps at Flamingo and Quad (no it is limited to Quad).

My offers for the better hotels (Caesars, PHo and Paris) are for three days plus freeplay and other amenities each month through July. I hope to stay and play on these offers in August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.