1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about purchasing condo/hotel type place

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by amk121, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amk121

amk121 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a real random question- but before I look into this and gather more information, I thought I would ask here first.. I am have become somewhat interested in maybe buying a studio at Signature (as more of a weekend place, not to live in Vegas full time). Has anyone else looked into it (or looked into buying another condo-hotel type of place like Palms Place), and does anyone know if buying that type of place is a decent investment or is it worthwhile? I know Vegas wasn’t doing very well housing wise for a while, but has it picked up a bit? Thanks!!

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

My biggest concern would be the HOA dues and any current and/or future Special Assessments. I definitely would not buy a unit if the property has low occupancy/ownership.

3. 8Summer8

8Summer8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our realtor told us about Signature property a couple years ago, at that time there was a rental program of some sort they can rent them out for you. Not sure how it works. We felt HOA was too high for an investment so didn't pursue further. If I remember correctly it was $500+ for a studio HOA already 2 years ago. Not worth it as investment unless the value goes up fast in a short time which I don't see it happening. If you just visit weekends occasionally you better off staying at hotel or rent one of Signature studios or at Palms for a weekend.

4. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i look at both and all what do u want to know.

5. Packrat1

Packrat1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.