1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Question about Mandalay Bay VP Inventory

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by Goldlot, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Goldlot

Goldlot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thinking of staying at the Delano for a trip coming up at the end of the month and I haven't played at MB in a long time. VPFree2 lists nothing for my favorite game - DDB. I am hoping that they at least have 9/5 at the $0.5 to $1 level. My preference is multi-line so bartop machines don't often fit the bill.

Can anyone share any recent experiences or observations? Thanks in advance!

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I am almost definite they have 9/5. I usually play STP or $10 DDB at MB...their $10 DDB is 9/6.

3. Goldlot

Goldlot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sindustry. Even at single line, that's a bit steep for me, do you know if they have 9/6 at $5?

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming it hasn't been PGP'ed since sindustry's last visit, I would expect $5 DDB to also be 9/6.

VPFree2 says the high limit room has 8/5 Bonus (99.17%) and 9/7/5 DB (99.11%) for $5-$25. This often means 9/6 DDB (98.98%) exists there as well, but not all VPFree2 reporters add that game because it's below 99%.

Also those two games have been reported to be at the bartops near eyecandy recently at the $5 and $10 levels. So it's possible they may have 9/6 DDB on those bartops as well at $5+. I would be interested to know for the bartop sticky.

As for multiline dollars, you might be able to get 9/5, but not sure on which games they would be on. MB did go through some changes earlier this year.

5. Goldlot

Goldlot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update Trig. This is a bit disconcerting - as Aria continues to lead the MGM properties as far as paytables seem to go but the second tier properties don't follow suit. Hmmm, may have to rethink the offer and get back to Aria

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Overall, I agree that Aria typically has had the best paytables for MLife.

7. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor high limit room has better pay tables than MB and is a short walk from MB

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an FYI, the last time I was at MB, about 4 years ago, the VP bars turn into bar bars later in the evening and they cut off the free drinks and most folks are there to drink and have a good time and not gamble.

9. Goldlot

Goldlot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand that, but I was thinking about getting established at MB, so I planned on playing there for the majority of the visit. If the pay tables are as bad as MGM Grand, it would make more sense to call my host at Aria. So this begs the question, are they awful at that level?

Thanks for the tip Snidely, but as I mentioned before, bar top action isn't my primary concerm this trip.