1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about M-life offer (booked)

Discussion in 'Comps' started by lubbie, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lubbie

lubbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I justeer booked a M-life offer from Aria. It includes 100 dollar freeplay and 100 dollar resort credit. When I go to my itinerary on Aria website, the resort credit and freeplay is nowhere to be mentioned. Only the special rate I pay for the first night. Will it be okay?

Maybe a silly question, but it is my first time booking a Mlife offer...

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be fine. Mine don't either. Actually, showing all offers booked regardless of whether they were booked on-line or not - is a relatively new thing. Have a great trip!

3. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never say never. I've booked several offers and once was told that my offer didn't include resort credit. Didn't make a difference that I had the offer printed and in writing. Extremely convenient for them not to include these in confirmation emails, that way they can screw you whenever they feel like it. That said, it should be alright.

4. lubbie

lubbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope it will be fine. I didn't print it and because I booked it, I can't see the offer anymore. We will see!

5. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to the aria website. Make sure youre logged in with your mlife account (top left corner). Then click on itinerary (top right corner).
    Now you should be able to view your reservation including everything thats in your offer.

Once again
  6. lubbie

lubbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this and there is no mentioning about the resort credit and freeplay...

7. onebud1

onebud1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are really concerned, call VIP Services and check with them...

8. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call VIP services on back of your Mlife card and ask. They will set you straight.

9. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also don't be afraid to take a screenshot and call them out. If they incentivized you to book by offering free things that are "no longer available" you should hold them to their word.

10. lubbie

lubbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I called VIP services. And they said everything was fine. So I will trust them then! Thanks for helping!

11. lubbie

lubbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I cancelled the booking. After calling, I logged on to the Aria website. And the price went up! Suddenly I had to pay 700 dollar instead of 240. I will wait for another offer. Next time, I will make a print screen of everything....

I wonder how this is even possible! Really don't like it...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  12. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How can A price go Up after you made A booking at A certain price???

Once again
  13. lubbie

lubbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really don't know. But it really did...:grrr:

14. Top Dog

Top Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That listed price may not be correct. There was another thread about incorrect MLife price listings when booking offers recently. If you really want the reservation I would contact someone at Aria to look into it.

15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused. If when you called they said everything was OK, why did you cancel?

16. lubbie

lubbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what happened:
    1.I booked the Mlife Offer (2 nights comp, 1 night special rate, 100 dollar RC and 100 dollar FP).
    2. I got the confirmation mail, everything was fine.
    3. I logged on Aria website. No mentioning about RC and FP, only special rate. I had to pay 280 dollar. That was what the offer also said.
    4. I called VIP to ask about the RC and FP. The say everything was fine about that.
    5. Later that night I logged on Aria website. Suddenly the price was 700 dollar! I cancelled.
    6. On Mlife website, it said that the offer expired.

My guess is that is was a glitch.

17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found the confirmation page on a specific Mlife hotel's web site itinerary shows the price for THAT hotel's booking, even if it's comped. For instance, I am booked at Aria and Bellagio comped. If I go onto Aria's itinerary, it shows a cost for Aria, but not Bellagio, and vice versa, even though the itinerary says comped rooms.

I think it's their way of showing you "how much you saved." I had this too on my two comped bookings, and it worried me as well. When I called, they said not to worry, it's comped. Aria's my home base, and they're really good at honoring promos. I think it's Mlife's way of showing your "perks," but instead, it's freaking a lot of people out. Why not just say "money you saved?"

You may not get that specific offer re-issued, and as we go into the busy season, offers might be lower, not better. You can probably call VIP services for that hotel, tell them what happened, and give them the confirmation number. My guess is they can probably reinstate it if rooms are still available, especially if you say WHY you cancelled.

On RC/FP, it won't show when you first click on your itinerary. If you click "view offer details" directly under the "complimentary room" tag on your Itinerary, your RC/FP should now show. Again, if you cancelled, and are still interested, call and explain it to VIP services along with the original confirmation number. They track everything in Vegas, I'd think it would be an easy fix, especially with Aria, who is great on customer service.

Good luck!

P.S. if you DO reinstate it, I'd also recommend the screen shot, like others have, as your confirmation is always generic and doesn't mention much besides the dates....if anything, it just gives you peace of mind...

Sooooo far away still...
    Cosmo, always our favorite part of our trip!
  18. lubbie

lubbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this and the RC and FP did not show up.

19. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, now THAT I'd absolutely call on. I did have once where I had freeplay, RC and two free show tickets (my choice of show), but when I arrived, they didn't have a note of my free show tickets. I'm not a big show person so didn't care and didn't make an issue (even though I could have, I had the snail mail mailer that mentioned it, so I did have it in writing), but on FP/RC I absolutely want that in stone! Good catch!

Sooooo far away still...
    Cosmo, always our favorite part of our trip!
  20. Its Only Money

Its Only Money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MLife website is such a disaster. If you ever have a question about a reservation it is best to just call and re-confirm everything. Get the phone agent to send you an new e-mail that spells everything out.

Sorry for you troubles Lubbie.

I need one more trip to up my frequent flier level
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.