1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about LP Refunds for Booked Hotel Reservations

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by YOleven, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOleven

YOleven Tourist

Hi everyone.

The other day I redeemed LPs for two comp nights at Mirage and booked the two nights (a Tuesday and Wednesday night) the other day. I was wanting to extend my stay at the Mirage another night, but the Thursday night was not available as a MyVegas reward night. I discovered yesterday, however, that I actually have an M life offer for 2 comped nights at the Mirage, for which that Thursday night is an available date. As far as I know, the M life offer requires booking two nights, so I went ahead and booked that offer as well for Wednesday and Thursday nights. So, this means that I'm currently double-booked at Mirage for Wednesday night.

Considering that I've technically already redeemed the MyVegas reward for Wednesday night, is there any way for me to cancel my Wednesday night MyVegas reservation and get a refund of the LPs, or am I out of luck since I've already redeemed the reward and booked the hotel stay? If the latter is the case, I really have no one to blame but myself for not checking out the M life offer before redeeming the MyVegas offer, but I thought I'd ask just in case there's somehow a glimmer of hope.

Thanks!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only way to know for sure is to book the Mirage comp (which can be canceled with no penalty), then try to cancel the myVegas comp dates and see if you can get your points back.

It doesn't hurt to try.

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  3. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can not get the points back, hell don't they read a huge disclaimer to you before you finalize and book the room?

4. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope you won't get them back, I lost 100k last year over a cancellation

Tentative Arrival
  5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup they read the disclaimer on the phone when you book it that once they click submit the reservation is final and any cancellations will result in forfeiture of your LP.

If you are traveling with others might as well split up and enjoy the rooms since you spend the LP although you will have to pay the $32.48 resort fee.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't get the LPs back, but if you decide not to use the room, make sure you call the hotel and cancel the reservation anyway. They could still charge you for the fees if you no show.

7. ngrund

ngrund Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can't get the LP's back,but you can change the reservation, I was booked for late Jan, had to cancel because of the snow here in NY, and they let me rebook for April

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.