1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Identity Card at Cosmo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by double_faces, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double_faces

double_faces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, long time lurker, rare poster.

Headed to Cosmo (my home base as I'm more of a "room and restaurant with some slots" kinda guy) for my brother's bachelor party. He's a die hard Marriott Rewards dude, and of course wants the three rooms put on that credit card.

I would like the rooms and such on my Identity Card.

My question is not "can I get both points" as that is something I know can't really be answered. My question is far more simple. Can I get the points if it's his name on the card being used for the rooms? Any thoughts? He's not paying a dime, and I'm getting the money to him, but I would like him to be able to rack up some MR points for his honeymoon stopovers in NYC on the way to France.

2. StormHawk

StormHawk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reserve the room in your name, charge it all so you get the Identity credit, and then pay the charges on his card.

3. double_faces

double_faces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a plan, but it's made through marriott.com, so it has to stay in his name.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the name on the card means nothing. it's the name/identity # on the reservation that matters. so just put all the rooms in your name/identity # and then have your brother give his card at check-in for all rooms. you get all the identity points and he gets all the credit card points. win/win.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before you spend too much time on it, figure out what it is really worth?

$20? $30?

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It's not worth a lot of money but it takes zero extra time or effort. So what's there to think about? Its a no-brainer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.